Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 small issues
First of all I'd like to say hello to the community, I'm new to the forums but not to the concept of PCSX2.

I'm experiencing some minor graphics issues with the game I mentioned, DBZ Budokai 2. I've managed to run the game decently, I'm using the PAL version, because the max limit is 50 FPS, and hence better performance.

My specs in short are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4GHz
DDR2 RAM 3GB
ATI Radeon HD5450
etc...

One of the issues I'm experiencing is that when I'm in the menu of the game, when I switch through the options or some menu pops up, I get these weird traces behind the menu, it makes the writing really hard to read, and is a bit annoying when you have to guess what you're buying and stuff like that. Here is a picture.

Normal menu:
[Image: Untitled.jpg]

The trails I'm talking about (you can see another bug, will tell you about that aswell):
[Image: Untitled2.jpg]

And the "hollow" characters (when I fight this bug rarely occurs):
[Image: Untitled3.jpg]

These are the plugins I'm using (PCSX2 version 0.9.6):
[Image: Untitled4.jpg]

Please help me out here, okay? Thanks Blush

EDIT: I forgot the mention that I'm only having issues with these menu bugs, the game is playable and doesn't show any serious bugs, and is running at 90-100% all the time.

Sponsored links

your PCSX2 is too old..

download latest official build here..

http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php
So, can I use the plugins and BIOS I already have, or?

Will that solve my issues?
(05-08-2012, 08:02 PM)SpeedPhantom Wrote: So, can I use the plugins and BIOS I already have, or?

Will that solve my issues?

version 0.9.8 had fixed a lot compatibility problems with games..

well, I still dunno if it would works or not, since I don't have that game..

you had to try it for yourself..or wait for someone already played it to post comments

need some guide configuring??

http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
Okay, so downloading the 0.9.8 version, at first I left the preset options, and entered the game, the issues I wanted to be gone are actually gone, but I solved 2 problems and a major one returned = the game is excruciatingly slow (motion). I use the PAL version, and during the fight I get barely 25-30 FPS (almost 40% less)! I tried some settings and nothing worked well, the game is still slow. Keep in mind, I ran the game on 50 FPS (max) on the 0.9.6 version during the fights, and the only issues I experienced are the ones I stated in the beginning of the thread.

Is there a solution to my problem, or some settings I can use to improve my game quality on the 0.9.8 version. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!

Thanks in advance.
Yes all that has been fixed years ago....
Enable all speed hacks with [recommended] besides them. And yes it's normal when you previously had black spots and now these spots are actually being rendered to get lower speed, since there is more work to be done (and properly too....) Also try checking native in GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
No workie-workie sadly...

Any other advices?
get this newer rxxxx(buildbot)
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
rathar than
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I'm not sure but I think it's got something to do with your processor having a clock of 2.4Ghz. Maybe try over clocking to 2.7Ghz.
Also try setting the VU cycle stealing to 1 and see if that helps.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
PCSX2 SVN Plays it well without that bad-graphics. EE Cycle and Stealing and VU Cycle Stealing Defineity helps in DBZ Games. Try matching the Configuration that you were using with 0.9.6 with 0.9.9. (CPU Settings).

Try them Tongue2
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important
[Image: recodersignature2.png]