Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 crash on beta
Hello,

I recently picked up the emulator again after quite a few years and have it working with a few games (Dark Cloud, Viewtiful Joe). But this game keeps crashing. It happens Right after the Playstation 2 Logo. I understand that it may be due to the unfinished version itself, as it is able to run in 0.9.6.

I am hoping there is something I am able to do/change to make it work on the latest version as I have moved all of my saved data/states already; I really enjoy the considerable improvement on performance and UI.

There ARE noticeable scratches on the disc, but I doubt that's the issue as it created the ISO just fine (no CRC errors) and can be run (on 0.9.6) directly from the disc drive.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.40ghz)
4gb DDR3 (can't remember frequency)
ASUS ENGTS 250 (latest Drivers)
pcsx2 version 0.9.7.3113 (svn)
Plugins: (only that which are made available to me)
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
SSSPSX Pad Preassure Mode 1.7.1
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0

Any ideas of the specific cause behind it?
Thanks for your input.

Sponsored links

You are doing something wrong the game is perfectly playable on the beta.
Running an ISO file: Dismount the ISO from any program like daemon tools etc. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)

If this keeps failing, remake the image using imgburn
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well I tried a few programs such as Nero and LC ISO Creator (making either nrg's or iso's), all producing the same results. There's no real use for daemon tools as pcsx2 does all the mounting for you^^. I used both the built-in iso selector and the Linuz Iso plugin (setting it to plugin of coarse) - then started it with both "Boot CDVD (full)/(fast)". All produced the same result.

I had read that it is compatible here so I knew it had to be either the emulator or my computer. I suppose it was the latter, because it works now @_@.

I attempted to run the iso this morning and it works fine. I guess the only thing it needed was a reboot...?

The game is much more fun on emulator! Though it usually runs at 80% during gameplay, you hardly notice at all.
Too bad my Kingdom Hearts is trashed to all hell.

Thanks for the help Bositman!
Kingdom Hearts should be fully working with no glitches as well Tongue And you're welcome
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Just thought I should clarify, I believe the problem is Video plugins. As I stated, I was using GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 for DBZB3, however, I primarily use GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2] (which, no matter what setting, crashes).

Perhaps it didn't properly switch to the first during the initial attempt, and thus would cause the crash. It may be slightly inconvenient to constantly jump between plugins for games, but at least it works and I now know why it didn't.

I mean the KH cd is so far gone, I can't even ISO it (I need the sata cable my dvd drive for my other hard-drive...).

Just thought you should know!