Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Graphical Issue: Emulator does not render outlines.
Hello, 

Just installed the latest version of PCSX2 (1.4.0) and tried to play Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (without any ectra plugins). The game runs smoothly at 1920x1080p resolution but I have just one graphical issue that is bothering me a lot. 

The emulator loads the environment in the game perfectly but the lines around characters are missing. 

If I select a software renderer in video plugin settings, then the emulator loads these lines but the game becomes slow and the game quality drops drastically. (Anti-aliasing doesn't work reduced resolution etc) 

Here is a screenshot of that: 

The following screenshot is from the original console. You can see the outlines around characters here. 

[Image: Dragon_Ball_Z__Budokai_Tenkaichi_3_-PS2S...y%2000.jpg]

Is there any way to fix this issue? 

My PC config:

CPU: i5-4210U
GPU: GT 840M
RAM: 8GB

Thank you!

Sponsored links

It can render them but in exchange you'll get the ghost effect.
Setting the crc level to minimum or none,makes them visible but if you use scaling,you get bad side effects
(03-22-2016, 07:23 PM)vsub Wrote: It can render them but in exchange you'll get the ghost effect.
Setting the crc level to minimum or none,makes them visible but if you use scaling,you get bad side effects

How do I do that? Sorry, I'm new to this. Are there any other plugins or anything else that can make the emulator render them? Thanks. I really want to play this game with my brother. I do not have a PS2 anymore so this is the only way to play this game with him.
thread reopened after the user proved he actually owns a physical PS2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can change the crc level from the GSdx settings(Config=>Video=>Plugin Settings=>CRC Hack Level)
And after setting the CRC level to none, go to the hardware hacks section and set "TC Offset X" to 440 and "TC Offset Y" to 420. Those numbers are for 5x native resolution. Different resolutions need different numbers to adjust the position of that layer of effects.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Setting CRC to none causes red bars to go through the screen.

It seems Skipdraw 1 fixes the red bars issue again.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-24-2016, 01:52 AM)masterotaku Wrote: And after setting the CRC level to none, go to the hardware hacks section and set "TC Offset X" to 440 and "TC Offset Y" to 420. Those numbers are for 5x native resolution. Different resolutions need different numbers to adjust the position of that layer of effects.
Thanks for the help. But I still get the ghost effect and the outline is visible but it's very very thin. I'm using 2x Native resolution. So what should be the TC offset X/Y value for it? How do I calculate that?

(03-23-2016, 07:25 PM)vsub Wrote: You can change the crc level from the GSdx settings(Config=>Video=>Plugin Settings=>CRC Hack Level)

Do you get the black outlines around characters? If yes then please share your pcsx2 settings with me.
Here...you need to use OpenGL because it requires Blending Accuracy set to at least minimum(at None the lines are very thin)and with DX11 you get the glowing effect(which is missing in OGL)but you don't get outlines(or they are very thin...you also need skip draw to 2 not 1 while using DX11)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

GSdx has CRC for DBZBT2and DBZBT3. Do both games require minimal in openGL? This way I can move them on the DX level.

Quote:glowing effect(which is missing in OGL)
Does it comes back if you re-enable CRC.