Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - Perfect PCSX2 Config Guide

After really LONG time, i finally figured out the perfect combination for DBZ BT3 game and i just want to help all those people like me, who are freaking out with one question - "why its not working!@!@"

At beginning, few words about what you will get:
1. The game IS NOT flashing
2. The game IS NOT slowing down (lag)
3. The game DON`T HAVE "shadows" around characters ( you know what im talking about, it happen especially when you transform in SSJ1 and higher )
4. The game play PERFECTLY up to 1680x1050 resolution ( i cant test higher resoultion because i dont have enaugh resoultion in my monitor, but i bet it will work even in full hd) and you still WILL NOT GET the "shadows"
5. The game works perfectly with x4 AA (its optional, depends on your hardware)

So here you go:
1. You need to use PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 (svn)
2. You need to use "Windows Plugin update pack August 2010"
2. You NEED TO have NTSC version of DBZBT3 game. It can be a dvd or an iso made from your legal owned game, but it have to be NTSC (you can buy it from ebay if you dont have it, like me: i sold my PAL game, and bought NTSC, almost without money loss) The "Ps2PAL2NTSC fix" which you can find on this forum will fix only the hurt-eye flashing in game, but it cant fix all the glitches (for example - shadowing of characters)
So the best way is to use NTSC version of game - it is really worth it, trust me.
3. I don`t really know if it matters, but just in case the version of bios which i am using (extracted from my ps2 console) is: SCPH-77001_USA_Con_0220_20060210_v15
4. I use iso file made from the game dvd, i just noticed that from hard drive i got a little better performence than from dvd

5. Configs:
[Image: PCSX2_001.jpg]
a) Emulation Options
[Image: Emulation_Setting_001.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_002.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_003.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_004.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_005.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Settings_006.jpg]

b) Plugin\Bios Selector
[Image: Plugin-Bios_Selector_001.jpg]

c) GSDX
[Image: GSDX_001.jpg]

Additional Notes:

1. You need to do some customize to make this setting match your hardware.
Its about the GSDX version ( i choose SSE 4 because my CPU allow me) and in GSDX settings i have x4 anti-aliasing because my cpu and gpu are good enaugh. I recommend to set AA on 0 if you have any problems with game performence.
2. The game looks a lot better with 4:3 aspect ratio (as i have in options) but you can still set it 16:9 if you want.
3. All needed files (pcsx and plugins) you can get from
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

My specs:
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz)
4GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX 280
Running under Windows 7

Even this PC is old (i bought it 2 years ago) it still do well, and i get avarage 80 fps in game (durning the fight, blasting and all this kind of effects), in more "peacefull" part of game i have 200+ fps. My CPU usgae durning the fight is 50% and the memory use is also 50%.

At the end you will be the...( ps. it is screenshot from the emulated game on my pc, look nice, isn`t it?Smile )
[Image: screen1.jpg]

Sponsored links

you should remove the link for your pre-configured emulator cause those staff are forbidden. (you can give links to the official pcsx2 site)
also what i saw from screenshots is that you just use the default settings (except gsdx), so thats no guide at all Tongue
but i think it will still help some people that are still using old versions of the emu or something like that (if they bother to use the search...)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I edited the first post Smile

I know it is pretty lame guide but...I havent found any answer when i was looking for DBZ3 configuration, there was different clues about using specyfic version of plugin etc, and noone said that you need to have NTSC version of game, and only NTSC -> most people just said to use this pal2ntsc fix but its not really working good.
At least now, everything will be TOTALLY clear for people like me.
you should also write your pc specs so people will know what specs it needs (for the default settings that you have for this game)
and also what fps you get ingame (average) if you remove the 60fps limit so everyone can have a better "view" Wink
also nice one for your first post here!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I edited first post with this:
Quote:My specs:
4GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX 280
Running under Windows 7

Even this PC is old (i bought it 2 years ago) it still do well, and i get avarage 80 fps in game (durning the fight, blasting and all this kind of effects), in more "peacefull" part of game i have 200+ fps. My CPU usgae durning the fight is 50% and the memory use is also 50%.
(08-28-2010, 09:30 PM)Yanush Wrote: After really LONG time, i finally figured out the perfect combination for DBZ BT3 game and i just want to help all those people like me, who are freaking out with one question - "why its not working!@!@"

... Really? It took you a "really LONG time" to try the game on default? Aside from some of the obvious changes to GSdx, I see no "combination" here, other than Download+Install+Play.

One way you might be able to help people, why not share with us why the game somehow wasn't working on your multicored 2.8Ghz Core 2 and GTX 280? Did your changes to the texture opyions in GSdx fix something? Flashing? Lag? Shadows? I don't recall these problems with them as default, too..

Wait a minute, I think I get it. This all boils down to your experience with PAL vs. NTSC, right? Basically, you're saying "PAL is glitchy, NTSC is clean" in this case. With the need for an imported PS2 game, I'm not sure how many people that'll help...
if you really want a a perfect guide for this game,then you should try the 2 player mode,if you get 60 fps there,then you are the trully winner.Beacuse the story mode of this game is short and boring,and this game really shines at 2 player modes so test it there and report back
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(08-28-2010, 09:30 PM)Yanush Wrote:

After really LONG time, i finally figured out the perfect combination for DBZ BT3 game and i just want to help all those people like me, who are freaking out with one question - "why its not working!@!@"

At beginning, few words about what you will get:
1. The game IS NOT flashing
2. The game IS NOT slowing down (lag)
3. The game DON`T HAVE "shadows" around characters ( you know what im talking about, it happen especially when you transform in SSJ1 and higher )
4. The game play PERFECTLY up to 1680x1050 resolution ( i cant test higher resoultion because i dont have enaugh resoultion in my monitor, but i bet it will work even in full hd) and you still WILL NOT GET the "shadows"
5. The game works perfectly with x4 AA (its optional, depends on your hardware)

So here you go:
1. You need to use PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 (svn)
2. You need to use "Windows Plugin update pack August 2010"
2. You NEED TO have NTSC version of DBZBT3 game. It can be a dvd or an iso made from your legal owned game, but it have to be NTSC (you can buy it from ebay if you dont have it, like me: i sold my PAL game, and bought NTSC, almost without money loss) The "Ps2PAL2NTSC fix" which you can find on this forum will fix only the hurt-eye flashing in game, but it cant fix all the glitches (for example - shadowing of characters)
So the best way is to use NTSC version of game - it is really worth it, trust me.
3. I don`t really know if it matters, but just in case the version of bios which i am using (extracted from my ps2 console) is: SCPH-77001_USA_Con_0220_20060210_v15
4. I use iso file made from the game dvd, i just noticed that from hard drive i got a little better performence than from dvd

5. Configs:
[Image: PCSX2_001.jpg]
a) Emulation Options
[Image: Emulation_Setting_001.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_002.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_003.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_004.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Setting_005.jpg]
[Image: Emulation_Settings_006.jpg]

b) Plugin\Bios Selector
[Image: Plugin-Bios_Selector_001.jpg]

c) GSDX
[Image: GSDX_001.jpg]

Additional Notes:

1. You need to do some customize to make this setting match your hardware.
Its about the GSDX version ( i choose SSE 4 because my CPU allow me) and in GSDX settings i have x4 anti-aliasing because my cpu and gpu are good enaugh. I recommend to set AA on 0 if you have any problems with game performence.
2. The game looks a lot better with 4:3 aspect ratio (as i have in options) but you can still set it 16:9 if you want.
3. All needed files (pcsx and plugins) you can get from
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

My specs:
4GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX 280
Running under Windows 7

At the end you will be the...( ps. it is screenshot from the emulated game on my pc, look nice, isn`t it?Smile )
[Image: screen1.jpg]

Hi,
I M ud can u tell me how to download gsdx plugins it was not in the link
can u give plugins like urs
Gsdx is included in the installer of the 9.7 beta. And try not to ressurect such old threads especially since the person you asked hasnt posted anything in half a year.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
this is ridiculous in menu i get even 200 fps,but when i come into battle(ingame)it goes from 30 to 43 fps.
i am sick of it, trying and trying and nothing.
my specs are:
cpu:amd athlon 4000+ 2.6 ghz(overclocked)
gpu:ati radeon 4850
mob:m2n4 sli
ram 2gb
i really think it could run better :/