Dragon Ball Z tenkaichi 2
(03-13-2009, 12:24 AM)Marouane87 Wrote: Euh... You are the first one to tell me that the problem is from my grapghic card, any way, mine is 8400M GT GPU (I hope it is not the one that you meant in your post)

Guess what? It's still not a good graphics card for this emu. All NVIDIA 8400 models are replacements of old NVIDIA 7300 models, only the 8400 ones are Directx10 while the 7300 are Directx9.0c. The only thing good is that your card model supports 128-bit bus width, a huge difference from the other two models G and GS, which are 64-bit bus width. Your card can hardly pass as a medium-end card but is not high-end. And you need a high-end card as recommended to play pcsx2.

Check more in here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_S...400_Series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_S...00M_Series

Sponsored links

I see, but the problem is that PCs and related product are expensive in my country, and I can't just throw away my laptop and replace it or change something in it, so, you see, I have no real solution, just to look desesperly for the maximum of FPS no matter how bad the quality is (I want the game to be just playable)
By the way, I used VU skip with these parametres: 0,30,5,10 and dragon ball budokai 2 become much better (despite some kind of interruption due to the skip I think) ^^, but I don't know if it will work for Tenkaichi since I don't understand very much those sittings
I have an Ati 4830,4870X2,4870,4850. I tried them all.And I also have a 9800GTX+,9870GTX2,GTX295.I try them all with my pc(I am a hardware seller, also a overcloker).I have AMD II 940 OC to 5.2Ghz,8GB of Ram,Vista 32bit and Vista 64bit(I use them both since there some problem when I use 64bit with some software, and it only work from 55-63fps in battle.But my brother, have an E8500 OC to 4Ghz(I help him to overclock to this Ghz, since he is a noob in computer, and only use it for playing game),9600GT, the strange thing is it work with 60-65fps in battle.So look like pcsx2 really "hate" AMD and "love" intel Smile .But the graphic card isn't change anything, the same fps when I try to benchmark my sytem by pcsx2 Smile by the same sytem but differnt Graphic Card.So I think the Graphic doesn't make pcsx2 slowdown.The problem is pcsx2 is just a emulator,throught it's an great emulator, It can't not like a real PS2 100%.That it's.
In this case, probably AMD features is not much to be implemented as Intel does. Or you can try with software mode for your quadcore SW 3 thread.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I think SSE4.1 have a big speed improve than the sse2.But some one can benchmark how diffrent between AMD and Intel on the same clock(My bad English, sorry for that).My store only sell AMD Planfrom, NVDIA is a except.So it's great for me if someone bench it.Mybe I will sell Intel CPU in my store.(But I really hate Intel, too much complain from buyer before was make me hate Intel)
(03-13-2009, 07:37 AM)Marouane87 Wrote: I see, but the problem is that PCs and related product are expensive in my country, and I can't just throw away my laptop and replace it or change something in it, so, you see, I have no real solution, just to look desesperly for the maximum of FPS no matter how bad the quality is (I want the game to be just playable)
By the way, I used VU skip with these parametres: 0,30,5,10 and dragon ball budokai 2 become much better (despite some kind of interruption due to the skip I think) ^^, but I don't know if it will work for Tenkaichi since I don't understand very much those sittings

If you live in Argentina, like I do, the products are all dollar prized plus 21% taxes, and the dollar here costs actually 3.66 pesos. Multiply any PC product by 3.66 and don't forget taxes and there you go.

VU skip is for slower PC's alright but it's painful to hear cuts.

Make sure you have the following things set:

CPU:
-MTGS enabled
-DualCore enabled
-Normal frame limit mode

Speedhacks:
-Speedhack x2 enabled
-INTH hack enabled
-IOP hack enabled

Graphics:
-GSDX 1.14 r730
--640x480x85hz
--Pixel Shader 3.0
--D3D res 1024x1024 - Native checked
--Texture filtering checked in gray

Sound:
-ZeroSPU2 dev514 0.4.6
-- Real time mode

NVIDIA settings (this is for you having an 8400M. I set other things for my 8800GS which can support)
-- Performance & quality settings -> Image Settings -> High Performance
-- Performance & quality settings -> Anisotropic filtering -> Application controlled
-- Performance & quality settings -> Antialiasing settings
---Antialiasing setting -> Application controlled
---Force mipmams -> Bilinear
---Texture filtering -> Anisotropic mip filter option -> On
---Texture filtering -> Anisotropic sample option -> On
---Texture filtering -> Negative LOD bias -> Allow
---Texture filtering -> Quality -> High performance
---Texture filtering -> Trilinear optimization -> On
---Threaded optimization -> Auto
---Triple buffering -> On
---Vertical sync -> Force on

You should try this and run the emu again. If the speed doesn't increase, then you should consider not using that notebook for the emu.
Thank you for your details, but there are some points that I did not found:
-DualCore enabled==> I did not find any option linked to the dualcore (MTGS have dualcore in its description)
-GSDX 1.14 r730==> I have: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSSE3 (and SSSE41 and SSSE2) 0.1.14
--640x480x85hz==> I only git 60Hz
-NVIDIA settings==> Where to find how to edit them? (I'm using vista)
thnak you again
(03-13-2009, 08:33 PM)Marouane87 Wrote: Thank you for your details, but there are some points that I did not found:
-DualCore enabled==> I did not find any option linked to the dualcore (MTGS have dualcore in its description)

Sorry, I meant EE/Rec enabled and MTGS enabled.

Quote:-GSDX 1.14 r730==> I have: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSSE3 (and SSSE41 and SSSE2) 0.1.14

Download the latest plugin at the GSDX thread. Or visit 4shared dot com and search for it.
Or use the GSdx 890 instead with SSE41.

Quote:--640x480x85hz==> I only git 60Hz

Then leave it at 60Hz.

Quote:-NVIDIA settings==> Where to find how to edit them? (I'm using vista)
thnak you again

There should be an NVIDIA green icon in the task bar, near the clock. Click it with the right mouse button and a menu will appear.
Go to Performance and Quality Settings -> Antialiasing Settings and you'll reach the config menu for your card.

Or go to the desktop, click it with the right mouse button on a clear spot, then go to Properties.
Click the Configuration tab.
Click Advanced Options
There should be a tab with your graphics card model on it (in this case 8400M). Click on it.
Click on Start the NVIDIA Control panel. You'll reach the config menu for your card
I hope it's not too late to help you with this. I've had this game working 98% since 0.9.4. The remaining 2% is cut scenes and slow-downs from looking through terrain.

For PCSX2 0.9.6

CPU settings:
Enable:
EERec
VU0rec
VU1rec
MTGS
Set Frame Limiting to Limit

Game Fixes: None, leave them disabled.

Speed Hacks:
1.5x Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack

Advanced Options: Leave everything default.

Plugins to use:
GSdx 872m (MSCC 15.00, SSE#) 0.1.12 (Use the highest SSE your processor supports. It will run perfectly fine with any of them, but it is best to use the newest))
SPU2-X
SSSPSX Pad 1.7.0
Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0 (I converted all my games to ISOs because my dvd-rom is slow)

Plug-in configuration:
GSdx:
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D9[Hardware] (The game performs poorly with DX10)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0 (it will work full speed with 2.0 if your video card does not support 3.0)
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: Depends on the monitor you're using.
D3D internal res: Native
NLOOP hack: click it until the box is greyed out
Texture Filtering: Enable
Wait Vsync: Disabled, you're using frame limiter any way
Enable tv-out: Disabled
Logarithmic Z: Disabled
Alpha correction (FBA): Enabled

SPU2-X:
Interpolation: 1 - Linear
Module: 1 - XAudio 2
Latency: 160ms
Leave everything else alone.

I'll edit my post with pictures in a bit.
Hi,
Odio==> thank you for youru help but that did not work Sad
montecrudo==> that seems to be working, the game is still slow (but almost perfect when I play super dragon ball), I have done everything, only the nvidia card configuration, I get the control pannel but I did not find the sittings Ohmy
Another thing, when I set CPU to VU skip, the game become fast but the graphics are not stable (interreption between the pictures wich I think the skipping part Tongue) I don't know what to do, play at it is or do you thing we can control the skipping? (and may be you can give me a site where I can find how to do my graphic card configuration)
I know that I'm a bit greedy about this, but I'm counting on your generosity and thanks