Dragon Quest 8 Help!
The game works fine so far, its at 60fps on the opening screen, but when i gain control of my main guy the fps goes to 22.

I have been trying for hours to adjust it and tweak it.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Sponsored links

It's a demanding game.
You need a 3Ghz dualcore CPU, preferably from Intel, and a somewhat decent vga card.
Also enable the recommended speedhacks to go with that.
(04-22-2011, 10:08 AM)rama Wrote: It's a demanding game.
You need a 3Ghz dualcore CPU, preferably from Intel, and a somewhat decent vga card.
Also enable the recommended speedhacks to go with that.

I have a quad core, but my graphics card is integrated, so i guess i shouldnt bother running it?

Computer is an HP so i think thats ati.
It might be best to post your computer specs that way people will be able to help you better.
DQ8 is severely dependent on the graphics card compared to other Ps2 games. Your best bet is to checkmark "Native" in Gdsx for the resolution and see if that helps.

But if you are still running at less than 60 fps with native checked, then you need a new video card. The battle scenes and most other parts of the game will give you a much lower fps than that starting area will anyways.

It could also be your CPU of course, but onboard VGA likely wont cut it regardless. I played it on a 4850 Radeon awhile back and I had to run 950x950 res to hit 60 fps at all times...Which is really not much higher than native [640x480].
(04-22-2011, 09:58 AM)undustas Wrote: The game works fine so far, its at 60fps on the opening screen, but when i gain control of my main guy the fps goes to 22.

I have been trying for hours to adjust it and tweak it.

Any help would really be appreciated.

I was having the exact same issue as this. And my system is by no means low spec, yes this game is demanding especialy during Video's when the characters are talking to one another but after about an hour of attempting to fix it i found the resolution after a long haul of tweeking.. so this might actualy be of some help to you.

Plugins i used.

Video: GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE3) 0.1.7
Renderer: Direct3D 10 - Hardware. Native.
Resolution: Windowed.
Interlacing: None.
Audio: SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0. Interpolation: Linear: Simple/Nice.
Module XAudio 2. Synchronizing Mode: Timestretch.

Using Gsdx Version 0.1.7 Cleared up the lag completely. and as for the audio.. Well i found that using a Rev of SPU2-X 3117, Stopped the sound glitching that happens now and then in battle. ie High pitch sounds that do not belong.