Dragon Quest 8 for PS2
Hello there! ---I am brand new to this website, and emulation in general to be honest.... what I would like to know is....

Is the PSX2 emulator able to run my Dragon Quest 8 ISO image on my PC? ((Windows 7)) ... I am having great difficulty in getting this to work at all, and would very much appreciate any sort of advice

kind regards, st1mulant

Sponsored links

PC spec?
PCSX2 settings?
(06-24-2011, 07:22 PM)Game Wrote: PC spec?
PCSX2 settings?

PC spec;
Windows 7 (64 bit)
4GB DDR3 RAM
intel i3 processor @ 3.07ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320

PSX2 settings;
...unsure!
could you let me know what I need to provide you with? I have downloaded and installed PSX2, and I am able to boot the ISO image by selecting the ISO under the 'CDVD' heading, then going to System > Reboot CDVD (fast)... the game appears to load, and here is a screen shot....
[Image: 21342258890429440523.jpg]
...so my game has loaded correctly it would seem... but for some reason, neither my Keyboard/Mouse OR my Xbox 360 controller work! so I am unable to play the game at all!
If I select Reboot CDVD (full) I get this screen...
[Image: 70398490619726678646.jpg]

...any help to get this game working with my XBOX360 controller would be greatly appreciated ! thanks
He wants to know your plugins and revision of PCSX2 you're using (rxxxx). Post a picture of the plugin selector (under the config tab), and tell us if you've changed anything in your emulation settings or plugin settings from the default (such as speedhacks).

As for the XBOX controller, I believe it works if you configure it and use it with DirectInput disabled and Xinput enabled in the front page of Lilypad's settings.

Edit: What kind of PS2 do you own, also?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(06-25-2011, 09:53 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: He wants to know your plugins and revision of PCSX2 you're using (rxxxx). Post a picture of the plugin selector (under the config tab), and tell us if you've changed anything in your emulation settings or plugin settings from the default (such as speedhacks).

As for the XBOX controller, I believe it works if you configure it and use it with DirectInput disabled and Xinput enabled in the front page of Lilypad's settings.

Edit: What kind of PS2 do you own, also?

ok, here is a screen shot of the plugin/bios selector under the config tab;
[Image: 63936139421518825706.jpg]
I have made no changes to the emulation or plugin settings from default ***bar disabling DirectInput and enabling Xinput in the Lilypad settings as advised
...unfortunatley I am still having the same problems... as in I cannot use my 360 controller, nor am I even able to use the mouse/keyboard

And the PS2 I own is the standard black slimline PS2 (sold in UK stores)

(PS - just wanna thank you all for the help so far, hopefully I will get there in the end!) anything else u need me to post let me know... again,thanks for helping, I do genuinely appreciate it x
(06-25-2011, 04:55 PM)st1mulant Wrote: ok, here is a screen shot of the plugin/bios selector under the config tab;
[Image: 63936139421518825706.jpg]
I have made no changes to the emulation or plugin settings from default ***bar disabling DirectInput and enabling Xinput in the Lilypad settings as advised
...unfortunatley I am still having the same problems... as in I cannot use my 360 controller, nor am I even able to use the mouse/keyboard

And the PS2 I own is the standard black slimline PS2 (sold in UK stores)

(PS - just wanna thank you all for the help so far, hopefully I will get there in the end!) anything else u need me to post let me know... again,thanks for helping, I do genuinely appreciate it x

you didn't configure the button mapping for the lilypad plugin. configure that and all will work great.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(06-25-2011, 05:18 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: you didn't configure the button mapping for the lilypad plugin. configure that and all will work great.

@'hellbringer616 --- FANTASTIC! working 100%, can't thank you enough!!!
i've rep'd everyone who has replied to me thru/out this thread ... i am so happy that my emulator is working! great job guys. much appreciated x st1mulant