Dragon Quest VIII 60 FPS patch bug
I have been playing through Dragon Quest VIII, and I'm quite far into it, but I have run into an issue that I believe is related to the 60 FPS patch.

I've reached the point in the game where I have to chase the God birds shadow, but it's moving twice as fast as my character. No matter what I do, it always outpaces me and resets itself back to the original location. I think this problem is caused by the patch, because it seems to cause everything in the environment, such as the day night cycle, to go twice as fast, while the players movement speed seems to remain the same as when playing in 30 FPS. I tried disabling cheats and removing the patch from the cheats folder, but the game still runs in 60 FPS when I launch it.

Unless I can find a solution, I won't be able to continue playing the game. Does anyone have a workaround for this issue?

Thanks

Sponsored links

(02-19-2024, 02:09 AM)Eldaroth Wrote: I tried disabling cheats and removing the patch from the cheats folder

If there is an entry in the „Patches” tab, have you also deactivated everything there? And if you have made save states and load the game with them and the cheats/patches were still active at that time, it is advisable not to load the game with these save states. Please check this. Smile
try disabling the cheat temporarily, starting the game up from a fresh boot and not loading any save states but loading from your save game.