Dragon Quest VIII - Cutscene Framedrop
How are FPS, EE and GS values after you disabled mtvu hack, ee cycle hack and vu cycle stealing?

Sponsored links

Try the development builds from here. Use the default settings, don't change the options.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Uncheck AA and lower res to native. Does the issue improve? This game demands a pretty heavy GPU and AA with higher than native res may be to blame here. I suspect its the AA.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
@willkuer: FPS, EE and GS values are slightly lower without MTVU Hack, EE Cycle Hack and VU Cycle. I activated the hacks again, and the "stats" are improving (at least a little bit)

@ssakash: I will try it, already downloaded it. Just overwrite the pcsx2 files with these?

@jlwmanagement: I gave it a try and it really improves, yea. BUT it is still there. So framedrops are not that high (somehow the first video sequency where you can move around an yangus is tellin' you that it will get dark soon is destroying everything. 20fps there. No matter what I changed 'til now). However, I changed both (AA and Res to native), can't tell which one really improved the fps.

Oh yea and also, the "GSdx: failed to compile external post-processing shader." is still there. Didn't try the development build by now.

Peace, Deceptive~
How is this possible? I have lesser machine see "sig" at bottem, and do 3x native with AF x8 and GSDX shaders FXAA and most it other options on and pretty much have full speed.

Last time i seen that scene you talking drop to speed like that was when I tried to run this game with my 9800gtx on my current rig and use MSAA.

If speed step is enabled, disable it in power option by using max performance or setting min/max processor state too 100%

if you dont use max performance for nvidia global settings then either make profile for pcsx2.exe and set it to max performance or set global to max perfomance.

There is no reason your system cant run this game short of something is throttling
The game is just really demanding. With my old 6870 I couldn't do over 2x IR in some areas (specifically battles and certain towns) without drops.

Even with my new r9 280 I can't do over 4x IR without severe slowdown.
@tsunami2311: Thats what I thought. Can't imagine my system won't be able to do this. Thats the reason I asked in here because I have to ***** something up with the settings. Btw, all the power options were already @100% (min max processor) and I changed the settings for nVidia especially for pcsx2 like in this video https://youtu.be/0e-V_21Z8k0?t=1m43s
However it still does not work properly.

By the way, using Windows 8 if this somehow affect anything.

Okay, I tried to "just let the sequency" go on and try the first fight (against the 3 slimes). The fps still remain the same (around 34-36fps) but only if there are any attack animations. However, the following sequences are also slow.
Any other options left? (also changed bios and "reinstalled" once)

Peace, Deceptive~

edit: figured something out in the log, when I totally shutdown the pcsx2 and restart it

"[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error 1114: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll"

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I guess it was also shown in the last logfile I uploaded
unless your a running some stupid about of MSAA or any at all for that mater just use FXAA from with in the GSDX there no reason this game should not be play able for you. short of you using alot speed hacks cause that first scene plays @60fps for me and there are very few battles i came a cross that dont run full speed either.
As I said, FXAA is activated on GSDX 0 (MSVC 18.00, SSE41).
Using DirectX3D11 (Hardware).
Or short: This is my current setting (http://imgur.com/Xv8a38G)

Peace, Deceptive~
disable all those extra things except texture filtering and set the internal resolution to 3X native (your GPU will handle it), sometimes lower internal resolutions makes the GPU function poorly compared to higher internal resolutions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction