Dragon Quest VIII [FLICKERING WATERFALLS, FIRST CAVE]
Hello
I have some problem running DQ VIII in PCSX2 1.2.1 r5875.
I managed to get to the first dungeon (cave, quest to retrieve crystal ball)
everything seemed to work perfectly fine using below settings and specs:

SPECS:
Pentium g3420 3.2ghz
Geforce gtx750 1gb gddr5
4gb ram ddr3 1600mhz

SETTINGS:
GSDX Directx11
Native 3x
texture filtering full
8 bit textures on
HW hack - wildarms offset half

Everything other left untouched, along with core emulator settings.

Now going onto my problem - when i get to lower sections of the first cave and look at some waterfalls going from walls, this sections look too bright and glitchy, when moving camera to some other point, walls looks as it should.
Don't have a clue how to solve this, can You guys help out?

Sponsored links

try turning off the wildarms hack
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Will try turning off wildarms hack when get home (but i would STRONGLY want to retain this option because of corrupted text...)
Another option that could help might be setting Skipdraw to 1-3 (just read about this option fixing some problems with textures).

Mr.banned guy, as I can tell my PC is just alright to emulate ps2 well, I have constant 60fps with 3x scaling and that's something great for me, even 4x worked full speed in areas I tested...
Do you have any other settings that arent default?

I just beat this game recently with 1.2.1 with default settings and DX 11 without any graphical issues.

Does the issue occur with 1x IR?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I know about this. It's just a glitch in GSdx hardware rendering. Nothing you can do about it except play in software.
It's not too bad at least, and pretty rarely used in the game.
No, just zoom set to 101% because of some odd garbage showing in some games on the very sides of screen when upscaled...

Going back to graphical issues - the first one and mentioned here was this whiteish filter on walls with waterfalls BUT sadly thats not all, in final room in this dungeon, there is a huge place with waterfalls and water all around heroes, in this place I have some rainbowish light everywhere in water and on walls too o.O it might be connected to mentioned before glitch.

Both this issues occur with native and scaling.

Using pcsx2 1.2.1 (r5875)

EDIT: Just saw reply from rama, that's too bad unlikely, I wish that some day there will be a stable pcsx2 release with gsdx that will not make glitches like this, they really ruin gaming experience for me :/
Have you updated your Nvidia drivers? I know a certain Driver version does cause these types of issues. Try updating to the newest and seeing if that helps.
I have the latest drivers 344.75, it looks like just like rama said - a graphical glitch in hardware mode of gsdx, maybe some future update will resolve this?

BTW Is there any more compatibile version than pcsx2 r5875? Using it right now and it is great, even NO black lines in Shadow hearts while upscaled, but some minor glitches in other tested games:

-Onimusha 2 (character shows before any rendered background
-DQ VIII (rainbow water effect/ whiteish waterfalls in first cave, also occasional flicering textures in overworld, when looking far away.
-RE Code Veronica X (Everything well in dx9, no nvidia stretching, but ugly black lines in inventory, nothing seems to prevent it besides native.
-SMT: Devil Summoner 1 (some background seems to be lie cut horizontally in two and upper part looks brighter (white)

Could someone help with resolving this issues? Maybe some other version of pcsx2 or some specific hacks in HW mode?
You could play in SW mode, that's the best fix.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]