Dragon Quest VIII freezes
Hi,

I can run DQVIII (PAL) fine on my rig but I've a problem. Sometimes the game freezes. Not really a freeze cause I still can hear sounds but nothing happens on screen.

I can happens everywhere, interiors like exteriors. Sometimes I can play a couple of hours without any problem and sometimes after 10 min the game freezes.

My config :

i5 2500k @4.7Ghz
GTX 670 OC
8GB RAM

Running in Dx11, Allow 8 bits textures checked, HW hacks checked with WildArmsOffset and skipdrow on 1 (for shadows). Speedhacks are OFF (tested ON, nothing changes).

Any idea ?
i5 2500k @4.7Ghz - GTX 670 OC - Ram 8Gb - Windows Seven x64

Sponsored links

Sounds like an unstable overclock. Try again with your CPU at stock setting and see if it still happens
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Already tried and it changes nothing.
What about your graphics card overclock? The fact the graphics stops but the game carries on tells me your gpu has stopped updating the screen. Can you lower the clocks on your 670 by say 50mhz on both gpu and mem and see if it still happens?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's a Gigabyte GTX670 designed for OC and it comes already overclocked, I touched nothing on it. So I don't think it the problem, works fine on every games even those who are very GPU intensive.
(05-11-2013, 12:41 PM)pesos Wrote: It's a Gigabyte GTX670 designed for OC and it comes already overclocked

My work colleague has a Gigabyte 550Ti OC and it constantly black screen/driver resets unless he lowers the clock. Just because it's been pre-overclocked, it doesn't mean it's stable. We are trying to find out what's wrong here, by flat out going "no that's not it!" without trying it makes finding the problem VERY difficult.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

well, why don't you post emulog and let's see what it says. also post any speedhacks you're using

also, list the GPU clocks please?
(05-11-2013, 12:45 PM)refraction Wrote: My work colleague has a Gigabyte 550Ti OC and it constantly black screen/driver resets unless he lowers the clock. Just because it's been pre-overclocked, it doesn't mean it's stable. We are trying to find out what's wrong here, by flat out going "no that's not it!" without trying it makes finding the problem VERY difficult.

Ok I'll test it, thanks !

(05-11-2013, 12:58 PM)Saiki Wrote: well, why don't you post emulog and let's see what it says. also post any speedhacks you're using

also, list the GPU clocks please?

Here it is :

[Image: 5kz.png]

When problem happens, if I switch to windowed mode (I play full screen) PCSX2 crashes. So I don't think problem appears in logs.
yea, it's not the GPU causing it..

ok, let's take a looka t somehting else..

can you post your pcsx2_vm.ini please?

(remove any names in your paths if you want hat to remain private. like C:\users\\ )
Here is the file :