Dragon Quest VIII issue
Hi all
I know that there's other posts about this game but still,couldn't find a solution to the issue I'm having so I'm posting here ^^"
Well,I just started playing DQ VIII on PCSX2 and I got problems of frame rate =/
I'm just in the beginning of the game,that is in the first town and I have 60 Fps for some time then it drops to 45-50
Not to mention when there's a dialogue..it drops to 30-35 FPS x_x
http://www.imagup.com/data/1146314818.html
Here's my spec :
i7 2670 QM (2.2 Ghz up to 3.1 Ghz Turbo boost)
8 Giga Ram
CG : Nvidia GT 525 M (It's a laptop I'm using)

I'm using 3D11 Hardware
Scaling 2 x Native
Texture Filtering 1
8-bit textures (I heard it boosts up performance)
Interlacing none (I tried others but same results)
Skipdraw Hack 1
Speedhacks : EE Cyclerate 3
Mtuv Hack

PS : When I use Native resolution,the game plays smooth at 60 FPS but still,I want better graphics (2x native at least)
And about my spec,it allows me to play other games like FF XII and Kingdom Hearts 2 pretty good at 60 FPS all the time
Thanks for the help,I'm really stuck =/

Sponsored links

if it runs smooth 24/7 at native, then it's probably your Graphics card that's throttling you, you might try some settings with the graphics card settings and you might be able to overclock the graphics card as well, (fixed my issues with 540m) http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_syst..._6.02.html for Nvidia tool kit (OC is always risky, especially on a laptop, do so at your own risk, I'll hold no responsibility if you fry your computer)+^_^+
PS, my nvidia 540m did not like having its memory touched, i was only able to OC by 150-300MHz overall, but it was enough+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Well OC is too risky ><"
Is there any other solution ?
Maybe by changing some config settings ? =/
the other solution is your PS2.
Both your CPU & GPU are to weak to run this game smoothly
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My CPU weak... good one ^^
Please if anybody else have any idea,maybe some good config setting,that would be great
Quote:2.2 Ghz

yes it is...

to get better gfx, you have to increase the internal res. But since this game is particularly gpu demanding, I'm affraid you're stuck to native. or maybex2 native, but not more...
I think you forgot the 3.1 By Turbo Boost,you can google i7 2670 QM if you want Smile
I know that the game is GPU demanding and my GC is not that good but still,it plays at 60 Fps most of the time except for the dialogues..that's why I think it's related to the settings..
Quote:I think you forgot the 3.1 By Turbo Boost,you can google i7 2670 QM if you want

Can you tell me what are the required conditions for the turbo boost to be activated ?
Just to be sure you realize what you're talking about...
When the user's workload demands additional performance, the processor frequency will dynamically increase until the upper limit of frequency is reached.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/a...ology.html
I agree with you, the way they explain it is quite confusing.

About what Turbo boost technology really does : in short, it has the ability to push 1 core to 3.1 Ghz if the others aren't used..

Problem : pcsx2 uses 2 cores by default (3 with mtvu hack enabled). Which means it will never be pushed up to 3.1 hz, but you may end up with the equivalent of a dual core @2.6Ghz.

Many noobs think turbo boost IS the solution meanwhile it's more a placebo when it comes to gaming.

BTW, did you try without MTVU hack ? it may have a bad side effect in your case