Dragon Quest VIII not working
each game has diffrent requirements

Sponsored links

(01-25-2016, 02:15 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: each game has different requirements

I guess that's true.  I'm just surprised that this computer can't play a game that's over a decade old.  It's kind of sad actually.
(01-25-2016, 02:25 AM)NintenAkira Wrote: I guess that's true.  I'm just surprised that this computer can't play a game that's over a decade old.  It's kind of sad actually.

Its a game designed for a PS2 which has completely different architecture than a PC processor. So your PC needs to emulate the hardware layer of the PS2 (very weird architecture with multiple processors/units working in tandem) along with whatever game you are playing and it ends up being super stressful on the CPU.
(01-25-2016, 02:41 AM)JonyeGway Wrote: Its a game designed for a PS2 which has completely different architecture than a PC processor. So your PC needs to emulate the hardware layer of the PS2 (very weird architecture with multiple processors/units working in tandem) along with whatever game you are playing and it ends up being super stressful on the CPU.

I see.  That makes more sense then.
Yeah, the PS2 doesn't follow any standards that modern hardware does. It's quite amazing that PCSX2 is as fast as it is.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-25-2016, 02:55 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, the PS2 doesn't follow any standards that modern hardware does. It's quite amazing that PCSX2 is as fast as it is.

I'm very thankful for emulators.  Even if they don't work correctly all the time, it's still better than not playing the game at all.  It's just easier to have a library of retro games on my computer than to order a ton of things off of ebay and find room for it all.