Dragon Quest VIII save editor
(06-14-2014, 07:32 AM)hubrisnxs Wrote: Class act, Capo, giving me the save directory without correcting me
This sounds like you're being sarcastic or taking the piss. I'm trying to help you here.

As I said, the save data is completely different. Open the example save game in DQ8ED111 and the Android save files in a hex editor and you'll see what I mean.

Sponsored links

Upon my honor, good sir, I was being genuine. It was very classy of you to give the facts without humiliating me; the internet tends to breed the type of folk that, as your response shows you know too well, will without reason stoop to ironic assholery, and that's not including the trolls.

I do know you would be the only one at this point capable of helping me (though I'm far into the game, i am trying to build an android app akin to the FFIII one that was, for some reason, capable of functioning as a save editor both for the iOS and Android versions, but had to be translated from the Japanese).

I was trying to tip my hat, but perhaps, based on the length of this post, I could have just as well stfu. Sorry for any miscommunciation.

[/u]
Hey folks Smile . It's the first time that i tried to use this program (dragon quest save editor)
i followed the "readme", so i downloaded Mymc and Ps2 save builder
and at the I changed the values of the game(of course I saved the changes), and I put back the file changed on save with Mymc.
but when I start the game, the values that I modified for example adding objects
do not seem to be loaded
now, so do not know what to do
Sad
My Dragon Quest Version is PAL
Just updated this today. Played the old PS2 recently while I was updating some computers and decided to fix the checksum problems while I was at it. Also added a couple little changes. Have fun.
the version 1.2.0 of this Dragon Quest VIII is damaged and won't allow me to open it up, so can someone fix it when they have some free time please
(08-15-2016, 07:25 PM)capo2010 Wrote: Just updated this today. Played the old PS2 recently while I was updating some computers and decided to fix the checksum problems while I was at it. Also added a couple little changes. Have fun.

The download link does not work for this please fix this I need more DQ8 in my life.
Hello does anyone have the 1.2.0 version that was uploaded a while back? th current link being dead it would be nice that those who got it share it Smile
Thanks in advance!
i really hope the 1.2.0 version isn't lost forever or something, and that nothing serious happened to capo. however, if it's any consolation, save-editor.com does have its own "checksum fixer" section of the website, so maybe that'll do for now until the 1.2.0 version of this save editor is found, if anyone has it of course
sorry for the double post, it would seem the 1.1.1 version doesn't have the ability to edit the battle log, something i realized while playing last night
Hi, I haven't played DQVIII yet, but I just wanted to ask if there's a similar app for Dragon Quest NDS (*snip - piracy link*)? It's a nice game too. Thanks guys.