Dragon Quest VIII shadows
(07-01-2014, 07:59 PM)refraction Wrote: and how horrible it is to follow gabests code

Hopefully not too off:
Why is it harder to follow gabests code than of others? I would have thought that somebody with his experience knows how to write clean code. Or are all comment Hungarian?

Sponsored links

(07-01-2014, 02:34 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: PS2 emulation at native resolution looks worse than playing on a real PS2. It's like you haven't seen how games look on CRT TVs.

Look like crap cause you using lcd with fix resolution for system that built with crt ( was not fix resolution either)in mine.

LCD/LED all do a ***** job of convert none native resolutions to there native res.

Native ps2 is exactly how it would show on most lcd on crt it would look much better

I mean really do you expect 480i in most cases to look better on lcd that is upscaling? all ps2 game where made for crt there for look better,
(07-02-2014, 02:24 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Look like crap cause you using lcd with fix resolution for system that built with crt ( was not fix resolution either)in mine.

LCD/LED all do a ***** job of convert none native resolutions to there native res.

Native ps2 is exactly how it would show on most lcd on crt it would look much better

I mean really do you expect 480i in most cases to look better on lcd that is upscaling? all ps2 game where made for crt there for look better,

great job reading the thread.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
(07-02-2014, 08:23 AM)PyroBunta Wrote: great job reading the thread.

You could tone down the attitude.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-01-2014, 10:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Hopefully not too off:
Why is it harder to follow gabests code than of others? I would have thought that somebody with his experience knows how to write clean code. Or are all comment Hungarian?

Gabests variable naming is awful, most of the time it makes little to no sense, so you don't know what's what, but on top of that he uses really intricate optimisations making it difficult to work out what the code is doing. Couple these 2 together and you get a whole load of what the hell is going on!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-01-2014, 10:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Hopefully not too off:

There's clean code and optimised code. Sometimes very clean code is optimised but most of the time it trades a bit of speed for better maintenance and error tracking. Highly optimised code is generally much more confusing. I think this is the achillies heal of most open source projects which is why the current PCSX2 team is doing so much to improve the code base. You'll see most commits are cleaning the code rather than changing it because the long term benefits will come from having easier to understand code. I've tried to take up numerous projects and have found it frustrating how difficult it is to even get the project to compile let alone understand what's going on. I was impressed by how easy it is to set up PCSX2.
(07-01-2014, 07:29 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: I'd expect everyone that hears "emulation" to know that it's almost always done on a computer's LCD screen. Let me fix that line then: "PS2 graphics at native resolution on an LCD screen looks worse than on CRT TVs".

Well forgive me if I am different, but I have actually done both things I mentioned. Output PCSX2 to a CRT over svideo(been a while), and output a PS2 to LCD(monitor in fact, not TV).

You know there are some shaders that do pretty good job of replicating the "CRT effect" on LCD. Built in to PCSX2. Maybe try that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-02-2014, 08:38 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You could tone down the attitude.

Sorry. I'm just usually really annoyed at people like those.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
It helps for maintenance of source code, if there is a coding standards.

Edit: Never mind.
(07-02-2014, 12:34 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: Sorry. I'm just usually really annoyed at people like those.

And alot us get annoyed by people like you. I read your whole thread too.

You are argue that native looks like crap on lcd when used in pcsx2 when native out of the ps2 looks like crap on lcd to begin with, they both look identical when they in native.

(07-01-2014, 02:34 PM)PyroBunta Wrote: PS2 emulation at native resolution looks worse than playing on a real PS2. It's like you haven't seen how games look on CRT TVs.

or was this not you that wrote this?

But lets get one thing straight pcsx2 Software mode is gona show the game almost exactly if not exact like it shows on ps2.

PS2 was built with CRT in mind a CRT actualy render both 480i and 480p (if capable of it)

A LCD is FIX resolution screen It does not render 480i,480p, it only renders its FIX resolution Either 1080p, 720p or 1080i in the case of some older HDTV, It does not render the actual 480i or 480p ps2 does its all upscaled and upscaling is is nothing more then marketing ploying as it very rarely make images look better, Downscaling another story.

PS2 games will damn near identically out puting from pcsx2 in native in both Software mode and HW native res ( sort of the glitch HW can cause) as it will look on actual PS2 connected to HDTV.

Like mention you want identically to how it is on CRT play it on CRT or use shaders that Asmodean has been providing and continues to improve or just deal with the way it.