Dragonball Z BT3 from 0.9.8 to 1.0.0 ....
Sad 
In 0.9.8 I experienced weird flickering and some missing model faces (around waist area) but it wasnt unbearable IMO.

Now in new 1.0.0 the game has weird blur all around the enviroment, it doesnt look too bad when Im standing still but when Im moving it looks like there is some heavy motion blur but I know there is not motion blur in original game/PS2 and havent seen any mention about it in release notes.

Its reeeally anoying because its so extreme (only character models are sharp), I have checked that all my options are same in both versions and that Im using same BIOS. FXAA doesnt seem to decrease/increase it at all.

Is there something else I should try out to fix this ? Currently Im still using older version for DBZBT3.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts

Sponsored links

Hi Smile
You can use Search feature on top of page. Enter name of game you interested in,and you will find many threads about game you asking Smile
(01-19-2013, 11:05 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Hi Smile
You can use Search feature on top of page. Enter name of game you interested in,and you will find many threads about game you asking Smile

I already checked and only found 3 pages where all problems were regarding 0.9.8 or older versions, I didnt see any threads about the "blur" Im experiencing in newest version (on BT3)
(01-19-2013, 10:56 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: In 0.9.8 I experienced weird flickering and some missing model faces (around waist area) but it wasnt unbearable IMO.

Now in new 1.0.0 the game has weird blur all around the enviroment, it doesnt look too bad when Im standing still but when Im moving it looks like there is some heavy motion blur but I know there is not motion blur in original game/PS2 and havent seen any mention about it in release notes.

Its reeeally anoying because its so extreme (only character models are sharp), I have checked that all my options are same in both versions and that Im using same BIOS. FXAA doesnt seem to decrease/increase it at all.

Is there something else I should try out to fix this ? Currently Im still using older version for DBZBT3.

can you show us a screenshot. i dont have any problems playing BT3
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
(01-20-2013, 12:03 AM)Teufel9000 Wrote: can you show us a screenshot. i dont have any problems playing BT3

First from 0.9.8

Standing still
[Image: dbzbt3reduced.png]

Flying
[Image: dbzbt3reduced2.png]

From 1.0.0

Standing still
[Image: dbzbt3reduced3.png]

Flying
[Image: dbzbt3reduced4.png]

could you tell me what BIOS are you using ? Im using 2.0v EU version
im assumeing ur also playing the european version.

i have my PS2 Bios ( Which are Version 1.0 USA.) and im useing my NTSC BT3 disk.. let me see if i get the same results.

btw what exact settings do u play the game in. i play in Hardware 11 with 3x res

EDIT: i do not get these Same results. my 1.0 looks the same as your 0.9.8 shots.

when i switch it to Direct3d11 Software though i do get a Slight Bluring when i Burst around.

But if thats happening in hardware mode it might be the Bios or game version?.

need more input on your settings first.
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
(01-20-2013, 01:03 AM)Teufel9000 Wrote: im assumeing ur also playing the european version.

i have my PS2 Bios ( Which are Version 1.0 USA.) and im useing my NTSC BT3 disk.. let me see if i get the same results.

btw what exact settings do u play the game in. i play in Hardware 11 with 3x res

EDIT: i do not get these Same results. my 1.0 looks the same as your 0.9.8 shots.

when i switch it to Direct3d11 Software though i do get a Slight Bluring when i Burst around.

But if thats happening in hardware mode it might be the Bios or game version?.

need more input on your settings first.

I had them in HW 11 but switched to HW9 just because I had same settings in 0.9.8 which didnt do anything.

[Image: settingse.png]

Im going to try to use different BIOS.
Bios doesn't matter at all for such stuff, that blurriness is present on PAL version as it was not possible to make currently implemented "fix" for different game versions in exactly same way, as different stages react differently on the skipdraw hack adding different versions it was hell of a mess(bt2 suffers even more of this mess):].

The only way to fix it totally on pal version(and by some minor stuff even making it superior;p) is using custom gsdx version or abusing skipdraw(using old version that castrates characters).
(01-20-2013, 02:07 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Bios doesn't matter at all for such stuff, that blurriness is present on PAL version as it was not possible to make currently implemented "fix" for different game versions in exactly same way, as different stages react differently on the skipdraw hack adding different versions it was hell of a mess(bt2 suffers even more of this mess):].

The only way to fix it totally on pal version(and by some minor stuff even making it superior;p) is using custom gsdx version or abusing skipdraw(using old version that castrates characters).

oh

I dont known really how to use these plugins and other stuff but I'll give it a try.

Though I still cant understand why its all fine in older version but suddenly in new version you get this weird blur.
Couse - it wasn't fine. Characters were broken awfully, some less sure, but some totally, especially after map change which happens alot if you actually use game features like planet destruction skills.=_=

If you want a full explanation... those games have only like 1 or 2 glitched post processing effects, but all others also are misplaced when game is upscaled. Now the easiest way of fixing that is by removing it completely and that's done by skipdraw hack. The problem is that this skipdraw hack is in no way an accurate way of deleting what you want and soo the more stuff you try to delete with it, the more stuff you don't want to change is messed around. Hence there is no perfect fix at times and it all end subjective "who can live with which bugs". That's right, "bugs" are caused by "fixes", sound strange, but sadly that's a gsdx reality:].

I made a custom gsdx with a hackfix for that game series which allows much more eyecandy even in upscaling and thanks to this, it doesn't need soo much skipdraw hacks nor have those stupid bugs made by it. Unfortunately gsdx have too many hacks and workarounds for other games already to fit one more soo it stays unofficial and not supported in here.<3