Drakengard 2 NTSC glitchiness
Getting very poor performance, screen misalignment (bottom of the screen gets chopped off, missing most subtitles and some menu buttons), vertical blank lines across the screen and a general blurriness. Cycling through interlacing settings helps somewhat, but I still think the game should look crisper than this (mostly in comparison to emulating other games)

Screenshot of what I'm talking about:
[Image: oeolV.jpg]

PCSX2 r3586, most speedhacks on (yes, I tried turning them off), tried DX10 and DX9. Running 1280x720, tried 640x480 with no noticeable changes.

Athlon II x2, geforce 9800GT, windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

ok whether you :
- post a valid burg report, but I highkly doubt it'll be since it looks more like a gsdx issue (does it work in software mode ?)
- use the official latest beta as SVN versions are not supported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2010, 07:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok whether you :
- post a valid burg report, but I highkly doubt it'll be since it looks more like a gsdx issue (does it work in software mode ?)

It does, in fact, work in software mode. "Work", of course, since that's 10-15 FPS. I guess that means GDSX is the issue.
Quote: - use the official latest beta as SVN versions are not supported.

you know, when someone uses a "stable" release, the advice is to get an SVN. when someone uses an SVN, it's the opposite. typically neither of these solves the problem, barring the few game-specific compatibility issues that each version brings up and are promptly fixed
This is one of the scaling side effects in gs plugin, so you will have to give up the nice graphic and use native resolution if you want to play the game using pcsx2 becasue you can't fix it by changing settings(offset and alpha don't work). There might be some internal resolutions can fix it, but you will have to try it yourself.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(08-02-2010, 07:56 AM)NOTPAUL Wrote: It does, in fact, work in software mode. "Work", of course, since that's 10-15 FPS. I guess that means GDSX is the issue.

Slowness isn't a bug. And if gsdx is the issue, i guess you'd better report to gabest

Quote:you know, when someone uses a "stable" release, the advice is to get an SVN. when someone uses an SVN, it's the opposite. typically neither of these solves the problem, barring the few game-specific compatibility issues that each version brings up and are promptly fixed

Actually, we don't "advise", we "suggest". whane doing so, we also tell you that you have to keep in mind it's not supported.
if no one told you, sry about it Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2010, 08:33 AM)CKL Wrote: This is one of the scaling side effects in gs plugin, so you will have to give up the nice graphic and use native resolution if you want to play the game using pcsx2 becasue you can't fix it by changing settings(offset and alpha don't work). There might be some internal resolutions can fix it, but you will have to try it yourself.

Ah, this did it. However, now I've got a new problem. The game's text is all garbled and pixelated and illegible, and searching the forums it seems this issue is caused by the texture filtering option in the GS plugin. Trouble is, I don't know how to turn off that setting in current versions (it's automatically checked in both dx9 and dx10 modes). Anything I can do from here?
Wait till you get into aerial mission, for me "seeing" cloud (look at sky) will slow the game severely while if I point Legna toward the land (no cloud/sky in sight) it's full speed.
(08-02-2010, 09:44 AM)NOTPAUL Wrote:
(08-02-2010, 08:33 AM)CKL Wrote: This is one of the scaling side effects in gs plugin, so you will have to give up the nice graphic and use native resolution if you want to play the game using pcsx2 becasue you can't fix it by changing settings(offset and alpha don't work). There might be some internal resolutions can fix it, but you will have to try it yourself.

Ah, this did it. However, now I've got a new problem. The game's text is all garbled and pixelated and illegible, and searching the forums it seems this issue is caused by the texture filtering option in the GS plugin. Trouble is, I don't know how to turn off that setting in current versions (it's automatically checked in both dx9 and dx10 modes). Anything I can do from here?

If you mean the grabage texture text which is also present in Drakengard 1, there is nothing you can do about it, so you will have to live with that as well. IIRC, changing texture filtering does not help, but you can still try it out and see for youself because I can't quite remember that one( tested it too long time ago and I don't have the game with me right now - can't rip it and test it again).

you should be able to change the texture filtering by clicking the box, in dx 10 anyway.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Hi. Let me say that I don't know if this community is against necro posting or against double threads; I had different experiences in different forums so you'll forgive me if I decided to resurrect an old thread about similar issues instead of opening up a new one. I'm having different problems with Drakengard 2 and I wanted to ask for some support.
Obviously the black bars issue, but I understeand that there is no way to solve that.
[Image: 1z4kgtw.png]
I also get some weird lines in some of the menus
[Image: 2nl5u9l.jpg]
When I put a custom resolution of 1240x1240 the black vertical lines disappear, but I suddenly get a black bar in the lower part of the screen.
[Image: fpbfjm.jpg]
Also, if the custom resolution is anything different than 3x, colored lines also appear along the black ones
[Image: 2qdbu5j.jpg]
Some of the lightning effects are off place, but if I activate the half-pixel offset HW hack the colored lines appear even at 3x. If I turn on the Alpha hack though the colored lines do not appear and the off placed lightning effects just disappear, which is better than have them around the stage at random I guess.

Also, sometimes when a FMV should start the screen remains black, audio still plays but the emulator freezes when the cinematic should end. I tested this with hacks on and off and it seems to be just random, maybe it is caused by a bad rip, currently ripping my game again for testing.

The game works fine on native resolution of course, except for the low framerate but that is to be expected. I was wondering if there was any way to fix any of the problems I just mentioned; I've seen videos on youtube of the game being played on 720p with no issues and I was wondering how that was possible. (I understeand I cannot link to that here.) Fixing the black bar at the bottom would already be a saving grace considering that I can solve most of the resolution problems by using the custom resolution, including the off lightning effects. Thank you in advance and sorry if I bothered you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, please make your own thread.

Black bars can be fixed by setting custom resolution x value of 1200 or 1260.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD