USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

EE/VU Clamp modes:
Extra+Preserve Sign/Normal

EE/VU Rounding:
Chop/Chop

GSdx Settings:
Direct3D 11 (Hardware), 3x Native

GSdx HW Hacks:
Merge Sprite, Half-pixel Offset: Normal (Vertex)

Speedhacks Used:
Preset 2 - Safe (faster), fast CDVD

Gamefixes Used:
N/A

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Completed (100% story + 100% weapons)

Performance:
60fps all the way thru using 3x native res on the 560ti. Higher res would slow down when special effects are happening.

Comments:
PCSX2:
Needs EE clamping set to "Extra+Preserve Sign" or "Full" for some characters and breakable objects to show correct colors. "Automatic Gamefixes" currently uses Normal so some of the characters and objects will have a blue/green/red tint when not supposed to.

GSdx:
"Merge Sprite" HW hack works well for the lines when upscaling.
"Half-pixel Offset: Normal (Vertex)" HW hack works for keeping the effects aligned correctly but adds a shiny border on top and left borders of the screen.
Custom resolution makes part of the screen disappear but "Large Framebuffer" can compensate for it... would recommend a internal resolution multiplier instead tho.

Game is too blurry even at the highest resolutions. Interlacing doesn't help either... I tried to use "Interlacing (None)" and "Wild Arms Offset" HW hack to have interlacing semi-removed which gains a bit of sharpness but it would mess up the alignment of effects with "Half-pixel Offset" and would have to correct it with "TC offset" instead so I wouldn't recommend it for anybody.

There's minimal Z-fighting here and there, mostly notorious on one specific room on Chapter 11 Verse 4 where there's writing on the walls. Only the software renderers seemed to fix that.

Status
Fully Playable

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Guess you're out of the loop but we have a Perfect rating now. Since you completed the entire game without issues, this looks like a valid candidate Smile

Also, does the alternate EE clamping mode affect other parts of the game, or could the entry be updated in the GameDB?
Yeah I've seen that but don't think I'd call many games "Perfect" on an emulator, could be just a me thing.
Game needs a bit of HW hacks and even after tweaking it doesn't look that good so I wouldn't call it perfect myself. Tongue

It should be updated on the GameDB, everything else works perfect with it.
I would also recommend using OpenGL instead of D3D11 since it's the most accurate.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I would most definitely agree and for normal testing I would have used that, but I wanted to actually finish the Drakengard games and unfortunately OpenGL didn't work nicely with Vsync at least on my machine (no tearing but some stutter). I really value smoothness when playing, so Direct3D11 which had no issues with Vsync is what I ended up using.

I saw some reports here and there about the OpenGL Vsync stutter issue but seemed to not affect that many people (most seem fine with just no tearing) so just went for what worked best for me while playing. Doesn't really affect the results here either way.