Drakengard Video Problem
(04-11-2013, 07:19 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: Its not like running an avi or mp4. It still has to be emulated

I can understand that emulating things that are being rendered as you go along would be stressful on the host system, but just emulating a video being played? I am not so sure. After all the FMV is a pre-made file (so nothing has to be rendered - I think), but yes the playback does have to be emulated too.

My thinking: if it doesn't have to be rendered then it probably shouldn't be as stressful.

I'm not a programmer/dev. for PCSX2 so this is all just speculation on my part.

On-topic: @xenoriddley you mentioned something about FRAPS - are you trying to do a LP or something? I wonder why PCSX2 and FRAPS are not getting along too well. You might want to look into a alternate video recorder such as Bandicam which is a competent alternative to FRAPS.

Sponsored links

It was with both actually, the game would actually crash using both methods.
Generally fmvs are easier to emulate than gameplay (hence the fix to only switch during fmvs, since software mode is generally slower).

Though in some cases a game can run at full fps during gameplay, but the slow down during fmvs if your cpu isnt powerful enough. FFX-2 is a good example of this, as I said before there is a cpu test based on the opening fmv of FFX-2. It all depends on the game.

(04-11-2013, 07:32 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: It was with both actually, the game would actually crash using both methods.

Im not too sure then, maybe someone who has used fraps more than i have can help you there. Most ive ever used fraps for was some basic WoW videos to show friends lol.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
It is quite wellknown that FRAPS will drag your game down (In FPS) if you don't have a powerful system. This happened with me aswell with some games. The game where I didn't notice any real slowdowns was in Flatout Ultimate Carnage Smile
(04-11-2013, 11:29 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: It is quite wellknown that FRAPS will drag your game down (In FPS) if you don't have a powerful system. This happened with me aswell with some games. The game where I didn't notice any real slowdowns was in Flatout Ultimate Carnage Smile

It's not a problem of FPS. I'm running it at x3 native with full 60 FPS with FRAPS. it's just that little graphical glitch that's irritating me.