Drakengard and PCSX2 getting 7fps
What can I say. I don't think its possible for anyone to run this game... I can run the most demanding PS2 game at 3x native at 60 fps (Shadow of the Colossus) but not drakengard...

My system specs

I5 3570k 3.4ghz (stock speed..)

2GB 6950 factory OC'd

8GB 1600mhz RAM

Drakengard cringes my system to its knees at ps2 native... The only time I got 60 fps was during the intro FMV. The main menu after that I got around 25fps.. Then when starting a new game I get 6-7fps... HOLY CRAP!!! If I can run Shadow of the Colossus at 60fps with 3x native res why can't I run Drakengard? SotC is the most demanding PS2 game out their for the system... OK I already said that... But damn....

Well I seen it being emulated at full speed just now on youtube. I was like before I saw that. I was think you must need a 12GHZ processor for this game..

Well im done... So any info on why it makes my system fall to its knees? Or how I can make it better.

Thanks
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

So I got it to where I can run the game at 60fps but it looks like utter crap... I turned on all the speed hacks (slider bars) Put it to DX9 software render. The poor mans PC settings and I ahve to use them... I would still like to know why though... I will continue to play with the setting to see if I can't get better and still be at 60fps.

It seems like I can use any type of hardware settings with my GPU being used or it lags like hell. Its like it hates my GPU or something. Anything on "Software" settings makes it run at full 60fps fine with no dips.. The text is blurry, graphic glitches up the ass. I still get slowdowns but my FPS does not change..

This is just really disappointing.
wow ATI fail

maybe the GPU clocks drops down because it's rarely used ( you can run it full speed in SW Laugh )

care to put the power plan to "HIGH PERFORMANCE" may get it working ....

P.S ANY PCSX2 recorded Videos will run Full speed unless you're using an internal recording program like Fraps ...
Sadly that doesn't do anything....

What do you mean about the recorded video? PCSX2 can record video? If I Put it on I will automatically get 60fps?

On the bright side I can run SotC at 6x native but I do get dips as low as 42fps. I can fully run it at 5x native with no dips. Why doesn't drakengard work? Any other game putting my option to high performance has helped a great deal. I greatly got a FPS boost in SotC at 6x native because of this but in Drakengard I saw no change... Their is definitely something wrong here... Their is no way Drakengard is more demanding over SotC.

So you got any other ideas man?

Ohand another piece of info that might be useful is that I am running PCSX2 ver. .9.8
Hmm, try it in latest official build?

Version 1.0.0
(08-07-2012, 12:02 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Sadly that doesn't do anything....

What do you mean about the recorded video? PCSX2 can record video? If I Put it on I will automatically get 60fps?

On the bright side I can run SotC at 6x native but I do get dips as low as 42fps. I can fully run it at 5x native with no dips. Why doesn't drakengard work? Any other game putting my option to high performance has helped a great deal. I greatly got a FPS boost in SotC at 6x native because of this but in Drakengard I saw no change... Their is definitely something wrong here... Their is no way Drakengard is more demanding over SotC.

So you got any other ideas man?

Ohand another piece of info that might be useful is that I am running PCSX2 ver. .9.8

yes the Video you get after recording is full speed ( all the frames are taken )
but the game is not full speed while playing infact 1/2 speed Excl
New PCSX version did nothing.
Try ticking the "Native" box on gsdx and use the MTVU speedhack under the speedhacks section of the emulator settings and see if that helps.

With this on what are the 3 percentages along the top when its slow? CPU GS VU

you can also try pressing F9 during gameplay, see if that's any faster.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well I think you got it man... CHanging the interlace setting worked... WOW!!! I never would of gussed. I going to paly around with it and see what native I can play it on. I should be able to do at least 4x I would think.... Who knows