Driver / bsod issue with ffx
Specs:
Amd phenom II x4 3.2GHz
Amd radeon HD 6870 1gb
8 gigs of ram
Win7 64bit home

I've had this problem with the TDR thing crashing my video drivers but disabling it and sometimes changing settings on CCC has made all other stuff work fine.
I just cant figure out how to get ffx work with pcsx2, it seems like even tho I disabled TDR the drivers reboot a lot during ffx and sometimes more than 5 times in row which leads to bsod.
Anyway I can run ffx at steady 50 fps and Im not having any overheat issues, just the bsod thing is giving me a "little" headache.
I've tried many things to fix this but now im out of ideas, so if anyone got any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Sponsored links

What about power issues? What kind of output are the 12v rails giving?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have a 550w Core Edition ATX so the 12v rails should give around 530w I think.
Edit: actually Im not totally sure what you mean but yeah.. Tongue
XFX 550W Core Edition?

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/PSU/P...W-PSU.aspx

44A should definitely be enough

Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(10-10-2011, 07:44 PM)Cyphox Wrote: XFX 550W Core Edition?

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/PSU/P...W-PSU.aspx

44A should definitely be enough

Yes, thats the one I have and yeah I dont really think its a power issue

go to the DRAM website and fill out the timings in the bios properly.
(10-10-2011, 10:49 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: go to the DRAM website and fill out the timings in the bios properly.

Thank you so much Mr Squall, the timing things were correct but I decided to change the mhz from 1600 to 1333 and suddenly everything works perfectly, strange but awesome!
This has been bothering me for a long time and such a small thing fixed it.. derp <_>
550w psu and a 6870? Id personally have at least a 600w or more in there. You know other components need power too Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

thats maybe a good idea if you got a cheap power supply of poor quality...

which xfx is not.

Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
depends on the sku of the psu.

XFX has got some chaddy units.
(10-10-2011, 11:44 PM)Leksuu Wrote: Thank you so much Mr Squall, the timing things were correct but I decided to change the mhz from 1600 to 1333 and suddenly everything works perfectly, strange but awesome!
This has been bothering me for a long time and such a small thing fixed it.. derp <_>

what about voltages?, is it possible you have a 1.65v kit rather than 1.5v?