Dropping below 30 FPS on fast PC
For some reason I can't get this emulator to run with a decent frame rate, (even with speed hacks which reduce the quality terribly.) I have 8 gigs of ram 250Ghz and my card is a nvidia 8800 GTS.
Any tips as to why it's running so slow? The game I'm currently trying to run is Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex

Sponsored links

need to know your cpu and plugin settings. also stick to native res as that gpu meets the quite old and only meets minimum standards.
(01-27-2013, 04:28 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: need to know your cpu and plugin settings. also stick to native res as that gpu meets the quite old and only meets minimum standards.

Current settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What other settings do you need?
need to know the cpu and frequency. also need to know ee and gs percent at the top of the screen during the slowdown.
During the real bad slowdowns (20-30 FPS) the EE is anywhere from 50-60 and the GS is 95-100
Heres my dxdiag

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It runs on 256x256 but it's ugggly
the high gs means your bottleneck is the gpu. you could try software mode but that would probably bottleneck in the cpu. honestly, you need a much more updated gpu.
@DaTankAC high GS actually means CPU limitation as it just shows gs thread usage over cpu:]. PCSX2 has no actual means of showing GPU limitation by itself(not counting guessing when it's not cpu limited;p).

In other words opposite to the thread name and other wishfull thinking this cpu isn't really soo fast and is certainly too slow for this game.@_@
The GS usage has nothing to do with the GPU. I really don't know how it works internally, but from what I know, the EE percentage is the thread emulating the Emotion Engine, and the GS percentage is the thread emulating the Graphics Synthesizer. If either is high, then the CPU is not powerful enough. And if both are low, it is the GPU.