DsHidMini - Windows 10 driver for the DualShock 3
Ahoi, fellow gamers! I have resurfaced, be very afraid!  Biggrin

Today I can finally present to you the release of the SCP-killer: DsHidMini

Quote:DsHidMini is a self-contained, low footprint and feature-rich user-mode driver for Microsoft Windows 10. It presents the controller as a configurable variety of fully standard-compliant HID devices to the system and all games built on common APIs like DirectInput, Raw Input and the low-level HID API. Optional XInput-emulation further increases the support in modern games built with only Xbox controllers in mind. The driver supports both wired connections by handling USB communication and wireless connections by building upon the BthPS3 driver suite. An optional .NET configuration tool is provided to alter driver behavior to fine-tune it to specific games or other use-cases.

Installation instructions and many many questions answered here!

Boring but comprehensive tutorial video on how to use with PCSX2!

How to get support if needed.

What's currently in development.

Enjoy!  Smile

Sponsored links

Can you use the pressure sensitive buttons ?
That's the point of this program, there is lots of information in the links. Though it's not only limited to pressure sensitive buttons or what emulator you use.
Pressure sensitive buttons don't work for me in Metal Gear Solid 3. Followed the instructions in the linked video, still no luck. You can't half-press the square button to make the pistol show up without shooting in first person mode and releasing the square button instantly makes you fire the weapon. Gta Vice City also doesn't work, seems like there aren't any pressure sensitive buttons at all. Dpad, R1, L1 and Cross, Triangle, Circle and Square buttons show up as "Sliders" in the PCSX2 configuration menu as shown in the tutorial video.

Edit: got it to work, seems like PCX2 default deadzone settings were too high, reduced it from 0,2 to zero and now it's functioning. Thanks for these new drivers and guides and this great opportunity to use pressure sensitive buttons with PCSX2 Nefarius!
(08-03-2021, 06:18 PM)MelvinSmiley Wrote: Pressure sensitive buttons don't work for me in Metal Gear Solid 3. Followed the instructions in the linked video, still no luck. You can't half-press the square button to make the pistol show up without shooting in first person mode and releasing the square button instantly makes you fire the weapon. Gta Vice City also doesn't work, seems like there aren't any pressure sensitive buttons at all. Dpad, R1, L1 and Cross, Triangle, Circle and Square buttons show up as "Sliders" in the PCSX2 configuration menu as shown in the tutorial video.

Edit: got it to work, seems like PCX2 default deadzone settings were too high, reduced it from 0,2 to zero and now it's functioning. Thanks for these new drivers and guides and this great opportunity to use pressure sensitive buttons with PCSX2 Nefarius!

Can you tell me how you dialed in the face button sensitivity? Even with the deadzone at 0 the buttons are still super twitchy for me. It's definitely working, but still hard for MGS3 to do stuff like lower the gun without shooting.
(08-13-2021, 03:54 AM)tomkatt Wrote: Can you tell me how you dialed in the face button sensitivity? Even with the deadzone at 0 the buttons are still super twitchy for me. It's definitely working, but still hard for MGS3 to do stuff like lower the gun without shooting.
Im a tad late, but i've configured the Square button like this, and it seems to do the trick for me:        
So how Dos this all differ if you are on windows 11 ?