Dual Layer Disc Trouble
Does Pcsx2 have trouble with dual-layered games? Because my version of Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest isn't working properly. The discs are divided into two different Rar archives, and when I try to load one of them with Pcsx2, only half of the screen shows up. I tried grouping them into one archive but I don't get any results out of that. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

That is an issue with the game itself not being emulated correctly not an issue with Dual layer disks.
Thanks for the quick response. So I guess I'm not playing this game any time soon then eh?
Nope same with the other Champions of Norrath game and the Baldur's Gate games.
So can we expect a fix for the emulation any time soon? Would it require a new version of Pcsx2? Not really sure how it works.
Devs don't know what's wrong with the games yes.
Until someone figures it out, we won't know if a PCSX2 core change is required or if it's a graphics plugin change, and until then your guess is as good as any Tongue2.

Half screen issue isn't there with a (Software) renderer in GSdx (F9 while playing to switch to software mode).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oh wow, switching to a software GSDx renderer works wonders! Fixed the half screen issue. Thanks! Biggrin
Yes-- Software mode let's you see all those broken textures. lol
Yeah, I'm getting missing / broken textures...guess we'll have to wait until it's fixed for a Hardware render. Here's a picture of what I'm getting with rendering in Software. QQ. This is without any speed hacks on as well..getting very low fps as well without those hacks, but I guess I can't fix that.
[Image: garbagegraphics.png]
Sorry for low res pic / uncropped.