Dual layer
I finished rogue galaxy. Use CDVD Olio plugin. Before a "loading logo" appeared, you need close GS window and then insert second layer disk ( you can separate layers with Apache) into virtual drive then resume the game. It`s very tough, if you`re lucky, you will be able to continue playing.
As for me, i passed that damn black screen after 23 triesClosedeyes
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Ok if I have time today I will try it out.

How do I separate the two layers correctly?
just extract everything of both layers and then CLick "new ISO"
put the files of one layer in it and click PS2 iso and start?

Thank you very much for sharing your solution.
Damn im REALLY frustrated now.
the program Apache 3 cant make new PS2 isos [It says this function is still being worked on]
and I dont find any "Spltt dual layer to single layer"-Button.......
furthermore i cant find any download site for the "CDVD Olio" plugin you mentioned.
what ever this might be. I really tried to fix this Dual layer problem but it seems like its impossible.

There is no Dual-layer to SIngel-layer converter to be found on google that works.........

I mean whats the DAMN problem? what have I done wrong.
(09-24-2009, 03:46 PM)stanman Wrote: Damn im REALLY frustrated now.
the program Apache 3 cant make new PS2 isos [It says this function is still being worked on]
furthermore i cant find any download site for the "CDVD Olio" plugin you mentioned.
what ever this might be. I really tried to fix this Dual layer problem but it seems like its impossible.

There is no Dual-layer to SIngel-layer converter to be found on google that works.........

Try creating the image using ImgBurn.
And about DVD9 to DVD5 converter,there is no such thing.Do shrunk a game you must delete something from it by using couple of software's or ripkit.I shrunked my Gow 1/2(downsample the videos)and Rogue Galaxy(removed the ending movie)to DVD5(because my PS2 don't really like DVD9 games) and to do that you'll need some tools,enough free space(twice the size of the game as a minimum),patience and a little brain power
(09-24-2009, 03:46 PM)stanman Wrote: Damn im REALLY frustrated now.

First you need open your dvd rom in Apache, then select "Tools - Extract Layer 1 iso. After you done, click right mouse button on "NO LABEL" and switch between layers. Extract Layer 2 iso.
And try older version Apache in atachments.It working fine for me. Good luck.

Attached Files
.rar   Apache.rar (Size: 543,09 KB / Downloads: 656)
doesn't work for me....
I get another error if I want to select the other layer...
could it be that my Iso only contains the first Layer????
-.-.-.-.-
well thx anyway
Looks like ill try to fix my problem again in some weeks/months/years
it will be fun remembering this game after some time ....
Huh
Unmount your iso from all virtual DVD rom, select File mode and open disk as iso. If there no second layer, you can freely return back DVD to the shop.
Don`t forget make sure that your DVD-ROM support dual layer.

Exactly i dunno why the dvd plugins stop recognize the second layer. Some times ago i played Xenosaga 1 on DVD-9 dual layer and finished without any troubles.
I extracted now the layers with Apache 3.
and I really dont know what I do wrong but when I right click on one layer and click "extract all" it extracts the whole iso so that i have an 7.7 GB folder with everything in it. No chance to seperate layers -.-
Im really not shure what to do now with my 7.7 Gb files folder
I think ill give the DVD 5 ripkit made by psychospacefish a try....
Glare