Dual layer
Actually I encountered this problem about a week ago. Right now I am on my way to getting the third key piece at the twin towers in Zerad(almost end of chapter 8).

What I am trying to say is that many people have found a fix for this. It is just up to you if you want to spend time to find it VS just playing on PS2.

Sponsored links

most dual layer DVDs have to be patched.. just about every one of mine crashed at some point until I patched it.
(06-13-2009, 08:42 PM)Saiki Wrote: most dual layer DVDs have to be patched.. just about every one of mine crashed at some point until I patched it.
It was already patched with Toxic dual layer patcher, or there are something i dont know?Huh
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
most every dual layer game I have (that I can identify) have problems with layer1 (aka the 2nd layer) unless the game was pathed so it only saw 1 layer.
Hey I am stuck at the point where Chapter 8 should start (there where everyone else is stuck too..)
and I REALLY wouldnt post this here if I hadnt spent HOURS in trying to fix it. I found no working software
to make my DVD9 Iso to an DVD5 Iso. (or to convert dual layer to single layer wich means the same I think)

I have the "Rogue galaxy [PAL][Multi5][PS2DVD9]" and its about 8GB big

heres a List of softwares that I downloaded and tried:
-DVDFab6070
-dvd clone studio
-dvd Shrink 3.2 --------> everyone advised to use it but when i try to open any Iso with it I get an reading Error (and Yes I tried 2 different versions)
-MagicDVDCopier493
-MagicDVDRipper542
-DVD-ReBuilderv0982Free
-DVD Decrypter
[and some more that ive already deleted]

I just want to get past this damn blackscreen at the beginning of chapter 8.....
I also tried the newest PCSX2 beta version that was release 3 days ago.
I cant help myself anymore.....
Is there maybe a CDVD plugin that can read both of the layer sections?
OR can you help me by telling me all the right steps to get it work?
Please dont be mean and keep your knowlegde for you I desperately want to play this game.

I am waiting xD
(09-23-2009, 08:04 PM)stanman Wrote: I have the "Rogue galaxy [PAL][Multi5][PS2DVD9]" and its about 8GB big

I just want to get past this damn blackscreen at the beginning of chapter 8 and as final test I would even download a new Rogue Galaxy iso if some1 convices me that its working

Piracy isn't supported. Does no one read the forum rules anymore?
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
hey this has nothing to do with my problem I never asked someone to upload his Iso or give an download site
I just said I "Even WOULD download an working iso"
the Iso I have is my own backup copy of the game that i bought legaly.
But I prefer to play Rogue galaxy on the emulator becouse my PS2 laser lense has some reading problems sometimes and I
like the quicksave/load feature of PCSX2.
If I said something against the rules delete my post and ban me.
Im just )§/"%& because i cant get my problem fixed.

[I know "Rogue galaxy [PAL][Multi5][PS2DVD9]" makes you think of an piracy copy
but I just wrote everything I know of my game version [5 Languages, PAL, DVD9]
(09-23-2009, 09:00 PM)stanman Wrote: I just said I "Even WOULD download an working iso"

Either way talking of downloading a game is againt the rules, just dont mention it and keep trying your own generated ISO and if you cant get it working well tough luck :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
toxic dl patch it then, see if that works
Oh sorry i forgot to say that I read almost every post of this threat twice and also tried the "Patches team toxic toxic dl patcher [97812]" but couldnt see any difference.

Is this the right DL patcher?
what does the patch do?
is it normal that the patching takes only some seconds?
thank you for your answers