Dual layer
I playing Rogue galaxy on DVD9 now, but when chapter 8 must started, emulator freeze with black screen. No matter what i use: original disk or iso, any of CDVD plugin dont see second layer and write the message on console:
PeopsCDVD: searching for layer1... Couldn't find second layer on dual layer... ignoring

Disk is ok, for example, with Apache3 i can see files on both layers.

I will be pleased if there are any solution for this problem.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

i don't know if it will help but you can try to patch your iso with toxic dual layer patch.
[Image: 21cvw55.jpg]
Have you tried other DVD plugins? I had no problem with Xenosaga I, which I believe also uses a DVD9.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
(06-11-2009, 03:16 PM)rugal Wrote: i don't know if it will help but you can try to patch your iso with toxic dual layer patch.

Already did, but, anyway, the second layer stay invisible for CDVD plugins.
Oh, i forgot. I tryed these CDVDplugins:
1-P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
2- CDVDolio 0.1.0
3- Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
4- Gigaherz`s CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Have you tried the disc in your PS2?
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
(06-11-2009, 03:23 PM)VeaaC Wrote: Have you tried the disc in your PS2?
Sure, it work, same as on emulator. Unfortunally i dont have a save file before Chapter 8 on original PS2 memory card coz i started to play the game on emulator.
Then extract your save from the pcsx2 memory card using mymc and put it into your PS2 card and continue the game till you reach the save point at chapter 8.The question now is what is the problem:
1.All of the plugins can't switch to the other layer.
2.All of the plugins can't read the second layer.

You can try the second one by downloading some save from GameFaq(be careful about your save(make a backup copy of your card))after the chapter 8

I convert mine DVD9(I don't like using DVD9 disks on my PS2)version to DVD5 and it's working fine on my PS2 and on pcsx2.
As PeopsCDVD says: searching for layer1... Couldn't find second layer on dual layer... ignoring

Probably plugin cannot read the second layer.

I tryed convert to 2 dvd5 with an official ps2 cd/dvd rom generator 2.00 but no luck. ( got 2 iml files for each layer, then succesefully created 2 iso with Apache. But i dont understand how to swap between disk 1 and disk 2, or i miss something?)
(06-11-2009, 03:58 PM)Summoner Wrote: As PeopsCDVD says: searching for layer1... Couldn't find second layer on dual layer... ignoring

Probably plugin cannot read the second layer.

I tryed convert to 2 dvd5 with an official ps2 cd/dvd rom generator 2.00 but no luck. ( got 2 iml files for each layer, then succesefully created 2 iso with Apache. But i dont understand how to swap between disk 1 and disk 2, or i miss something?)

I don't know about 2 DVD5,I fit mine to one DVD5 disk by removing the ending movie.I think there was something about patching the ISO with Toxic Dual Layer Patcher.

If I remember correctly when I shrink mine I use tool for that and all the process(DVD9 to DVD5)was automatically.

You can try my save if you want.It's save number 50 and it's at the end of the game

I don't really like P.E.Op.S CDVD I have I lot of problems with it,I use CDVDolio or Gigaherz's(most of the time).Just mount the mount the image and try with it and with disk too

Attached Files
.rar   Save.rar (Size: 26,04 KB / Downloads: 401)
(06-11-2009, 04:17 PM)vsub Wrote: I don't know about 2 DVD5,I fit mine to one DVD5 disk by removing the ending movie.I think there was something about patching the ISO with Toxic Dual Layer Patcher.

If I remember correctly when I shrink mine I use tool for that and all the process(DVD9 to DVD5)was automatically.

You can try my save if you want.It's save number 50 and it's at the end of the game

I don't really like P.E.Op.S CDVD I have I lot of problems with it,I use CDVDolio or Gigaherz's(most of the time).Just mount the mount the image and try with it and with disk too

Your save file from different Rogue galaxy. I have an European PAL/NTSC version.
How about different CDVD plugin, noone cant read the second layer.