DualShock 3 not working
I did a search and though I found a couple of promising-looking threads, I haven't been able to resolve my problem.

I've got PCSX2 running fine (currently I'm playing Manhunt 2 from a disc, and the opening cutscene/menu run perfectly well). But when the game asks me to press Start, no button on my DS3 works. I'm using MotioninJoy 0.6.0005, which my controller is working with, and the pad is plugged in via USB. In Lilypad 0.10.0, I can configure the controller (i.e. when I press a button or move a stick, Lilypad reads it). I've configured pad 1 in Lilypad, but when loading up either the game or the PS2 menu, there's no response to my input. I'm fairly sure it isn't the game, because as I say, if I do a full boot, I'm unable to confirm a language with the X button when the system asks me to.

To summarise, MotioninJoy has got the controller working, Lilypad is able to configure my button presses, but for some reason they're not getting through when I'm emulating. I'm quite confident the game isn't to blame because it runs perfectly otherwise, and the PS2 menu won't respond to the input either.

So I'm pretty stumped, and though I found this thread (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS3-Contr...indows-2-0) I wanted to ask your thoughts before I potentially kill my USB ports.

I hope someone can help!

PS I have a Core 2 Quad and GeForce GTX 560 Ti, so I'm quite sure that my system is up to running the emulator.

PPS This is a brilliant piece of software, by the way - I used to put my PS1 and PS2 discs in my computer when I was kid, hoping they'd magically work, and to see a PS2 game actually running in a window on my PC was pretty staggering.

Sponsored links

Not to solve your problem, but rip your games to ISO, don't use the disc, it's alot faster.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Since you use Motionin Joy like me, you should have the DS3 Tool installed. Are you using the 'Playstation 2 (POV,joysticks)' mode? That one works the best I find. Also if I've restarted my laptop, everytime I have to open up the DS3 Tool, click the pink 'Enable' button below 'LED', and then I click 'Vibration Testing' to confirm that the controller vibrates and fully works in order to use PCSX2 (and ePSXe). It might be worth calibrating the controller again under 'Game Controller Panel', Properties, Settings. Then configuring the controller in Lilypad again. I have never experienced your problem before with DualShock 3 controller.
(01-21-2012, 07:33 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Not to solve your problem, but rip your games to ISO, don't use the disc, it's alot faster.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably do that once the novelty of playing from the disc wears off. (Yes, I'm a noob.)

(01-21-2012, 09:51 PM)BigLoz Wrote: Since you use Motionin Joy like me, you should have the DS3 Tool installed. Are you using the 'Playstation 2 (POV,joysticks)' mode? That one works the best I find. Also if I've restarted my laptop, everytime I have to open up the DS3 Tool, click the pink 'Enable' button below 'LED', and then I click 'Vibration Testing' to confirm that the controller vibrates and fully works in order to use PCSX2 (and ePSXe). It might be worth calibrating the controller again under 'Game Controller Panel', Properties, Settings. Then configuring the controller in Lilypad again. I have never experienced your problem before with DualShock 3 controller.

I think I was using Playstation 2 (POV,Joysticks,Analog Trigger) mode. I did everything you suggested and it's working now. Thanks very much!