Dualshock 2 pressure sensitive buttons in MGS3 Subsistence
Hello,

I'm new here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I'm fairly certain however that this is relevant and will be at least slightly different from the other pressure sensitivity threads I've seen. Anyway, down to business:

I recently bought another official dualshock 2 controller to use with my pc. For an adapter, I opted for a Super Dual Box Pro because I read that it has driver support for pressure sensitivity. I'm playing through all the metal gear games so that I'll be caught up when 5 releases. I'll likely buy a ps3 for mgs4 this summer.

To my chagrin, I found out that the Super Dual Box Pro only supports two pressure sensitive buttons. But I figure I'll only need circle and square to be pressure sensitive as I'll likely only ever lean all the way with L1 and R1 in first person view. So that's good. Unfortunately I just have no idea how to set up the pressure sensitivity. Do I install all that motioninjoy stuff or does that only work for dualshock 3? I'd like to avoid it if I can as it doesn't seem like the safest piece of software. I see that there's an option in lilypad for sensitivity, but I don't know how to modify the sliders to get it to work. I haven't tried yet, because I don't want to potentially mess up my bindings.

So tldr: has anyone gotten pressure sensitivity working with dualshock 2?

Sponsored links

Also, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit if that matters.
Is it the Mayflash Super Dual Box Pro? If so, download the drivers here - http://www.mayflash.com/Support/Download/Index_2.html - You may need to find out which version you actually have.

Once the drivers are installed, go into PCSX2 -> Config -> Controllers (PAD) -> Plugin Settings - Then look to the bottom of the window titled Device Diagnostics. Find something related to USB Controller or USB Adapter or PS2 Controller, something like that and left click it. Then click Test Device; start pushing buttons and if pressure sensitivity works, you should see a gradient of numbers starting from 0 all the way to 100 or whatever. If when you push a button it's instantly 100, pressure sensitivity does not work.
Thank you for the response. It is indeed a Mayflash Super Dual Box Pro. I will try what you suggested when next I get the chance. Might I ask what gamepad you use?
I personally use a DualShock 3. I'm helping you with only conjecture and speculation. Hope it helps.
Alright. I'll try it out soon.
Tell me how it goes.
Oh. My bad. It would appear it already works. I'll try it ingame next.
Alright, so the values do indeed increase in intervals to 100. However, in game I am not getting any pressure sensitivity. My guess is that I need to map circle and square twice each to the same buttons then adjust the sensitivities of each. How should I go about changing the sliders? And do I need to change the "dead zone"?
If it works in the test, then it should automatically just work, kind of like "magic" =). There shouldn't be a need to touch sliders or change the dead zone.

I would make sure that the controller you used "test" on is the same controller that you configured. Maybe show a picture of your Pad settings.