Dualshock 2 w/ adapter issues
For starters:

- I have an authentic Windows 10
- I have an authentic Dualshock 2
- My Windoes is up-to-date, so are my drivers
- I'm using one of those blue triangular adapters on amazon

The issue is the following: My LAPTOP detects the controller as "Twin USB Joystick"; even the analog light turns on/off if I press the button - however, the analogs themselves don't work, neither few butttons. https://prnt.sc/vnvqk6 When I go to "Set up USB controllers" and try testing the buttons, they don't seem to respond, even though the LAPTOP detects the controller. https://prnt.sc/vnztao 
I am using an USB hub, but the adapter is directly plugged in the LAPTOP, as I thought that was the problem.
It says the device is working properly, I even tried searching for drivers, but it says it's up-to-date. I am using the port1 by the way; not port2 by mistake.
At least, my Nintendo 64 USB controller works PERFECTLY. 

Help. Lol.

Any more information I missed, let me know, if that helps you to provide a fix.

Sponsored links

Are you saying that your laptop is having problems with the controller? Or is it just an issue with PCSX2? If the laptop isn't able to use the analogs or buttons correctly, then I'd suggest you get help from the developer of the controller. You didn't say specifically what controller this is, so it could be anyone's guess, and outside the scope of these forums.
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(11-23-2020, 12:18 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Are you saying that your laptop is having problems with the controller?  Or is it just an issue with PCSX2?  If the laptop isn't able to use the analogs or buttons correctly, then I'd suggest you get help from the developer of the controller.  You didn't say specifically what controller this is, so it could be anyone's guess, and outside the scope of these forums.

Umm it's stated in the title and in the description of the thread what controller I'm using. It's not a PCSX2 related issue; it's an issue regarding the buttons not functioning even though it appears as connected.

When I mentioned it's an authentic Dualshock 2, I meant it's the original Playstation 2 controller.

EDIT: I was just hoping someone had the same issue and got it fixed, hence the post.
I've seen someone also have the same issue with 'Twin USB Joystick' , unfortunately nothing worked for PCSX2. Even though it's recognised as DirectInput.
Looks like the driver is really broken on Win10. Make sense, since the drivers that were written for it was really ancient, dating back to Win2k/XP days (Even though the drivers received some "update", but it's from 2012). Even on some drivers, the vibration/force feedback effect will crash the game, mostly happen with 64-bit emulators from what I've experienced. And, in most extreme cases, even when you start the emulator fresh, it will crash right away before it even reach the gameplay.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
As my N64 USB controller works fine, should I buy a regular USB controller like Logitech F310 to play with PCSX2? I heard they were good and that one, PROBABLY, will work, since the problem seems to be because of the adapter, I guess?; unless there is a fix for this, which I still am hopeful for it.
Alot of controllers work, i know several people even using Logitech F310. I use DS4 (doesn't work out of the box) and sometimes knockoff Xbox. Others use 8bit Do.
I use a Xbox 1 controller for some emulators, and the Dualshock 4 for others (including this emulator). Both work great. If you use DS4, you just need to download DS4Windows and run it 1st. Extremely simple to use
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Yeah i use https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows alot. Steam works too as non-steam app. Already posted on the DS4Windows thread today Tongue