Dualshock 3 settings
Hi there. I've set up pcsx2 mainly to play extreme sports games like the Tony hawk series and ssx. These games require quite responsive controls and a lot of timing. I'm playing with my dualshock 3 connected via usb using the lillypad plugin and the XInput wrapper for DS3. The controls don't seem quite as responsive as played with a ds2 on the ps2. Could anyone advise on settings to replicate the DS2 please?

Many thanks

Sponsored links

you could raise the sensitivity of the sticks
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-20-2015, 02:29 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: you could raise the sensitivity of the sticks

The whole pad feels less responsive including the buttons. It may be that nothing can be done to improve that.
Get a DS3(if you can)

I originally played PCSX2 with a DS2 -> USB adapter and there is quite a lot of input lag.

If you can get a DS3, it will be much better, but still basically the same controller.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-20-2015, 02:39 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Get a DS3(if you can)

I originally played PCSX2 with a DS2 -> USB adapter and there is quite a lot of input lag.

If you can get a DS3, it will be much better, but still basically the same controller.

Thank you for the response but I think you've misunderstood my post. I am using a DS3 and am asking about improving responsiveness of that pad.
Yep I misunderstood it. Sorry!

You playing over USB right? Then, that's about as good as you are gonna get.

Is it a Sony brand DS3? I have almost no input lag on mine. But sometimes people do, it just seems to be random whether you do or not lol.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Maybe you connected a lot of usb devices? printers, scanners, mobile phones, usb hubs and stuff?
USB needs to check the connection to each device from time to time. Maybe one of your devices is responding not fast enough and thus the usb driver waits some time before handling your input.
Yes its a branded Sony one. I'm sure I'll adjust to the lag. I'll also try Willkuers suggestion and unplug my external hdd.