Dumping PS2 Bios for PCSX2
(03-01-2015, 01:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Understandable.

You need a cheat disc or PC memory card reader to do it that way.

I've seen PC memory card readers on amazon but they run upwards of $100. So it looks like I'll have to purchase an exploit disc then or one of the games compatible with the disc swap method.

(03-01-2015, 01:39 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: I sent you a private message bomblord, it should help you out.

Thanks I'll see if I can find one somehow.

Sponsored links

There are two practical ways of doing it without outside help,

The easiest is using HDBoot, but that requires a HDD adapter, which you probably don't have (I think they made some without internet, but I could be wrong).

The slightly harder way is to use the disk-swap trick, which is actually really easy to do on the fat PS2s, though I had to take the top off the PS2 to get the timing correct. As long as you are careful, taking the top off won't break anything. However, you will need a game that works with the swap-disk trick, some of which are listed in this tutorial http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swap.php
I'm not promoting piracy or anything but, seriously, is it really worth the effort to be this morally correct? You know you own a PS2.
Downloading BIOS doesn't make you the worst person in the world.

Let's not pretend 95% of the community if not more are using downloaded BIOS, myself included - yet all of my iso files are ripped from my own collection.
(03-01-2015, 12:22 PM)Tawm Wrote: I'm not promoting piracy or anything but, seriously, is it really worth the effort to be this morally correct? You know you own a PS2.
Downloading BIOS doesn't make you the worst person in the world.

Let's not pretend 95% of the community if not more are using downloaded BIOS, myself included - yet all of my iso files are ripped from my own collection.

Obviously you can't read the rules. We offer NO support for piracy
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-01-2015, 12:29 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Obviously you can't read the rules. We offer NO support for piracy
Based on what? I know your rules.
If anything, you're the one who lacks reading comprehension.
@tawn
Please create your own thread to get answers. Don't barge in other's thread and start discussing about warez things.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-01-2015, 12:39 PM)ssakash Wrote: @tawn
Please create your own thread to get answers. Don't barge in other's thread and start discussing about warez things.
How am I discussing "warez things"?
I'm simply asking in a very relevant thread why it's so important to be morally correct, when the process of actually doing this legitimately is costly and archaic at this point.
A separate thread would be redundant.

Love the warning, by the way.
Fickle mods perceive things how they wish.
(03-01-2015, 12:22 PM)Tawm Wrote: Let's not pretend 95% of the community if not more are using downloaded BIOS, myself included - yet all of my iso files are ripped from my own collection.

Yeah, that easily violates Rule #1.

Now I'm done feeding the troll and mucking up this thread
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-01-2015, 12:46 PM)Tawm Wrote: How am I discussing "warez things"?
I'm simply asking in a very relevant thread why it's so important to be morally correct, when the process of actually doing this legitimately is costly and archaic at this point.
A separate thread would be redundant.

Love the warning, by the way.
Fickle mods perceive things how they wish.
This is not the correct thread , this thread was created in order for the OP to clear his doubts on dumping bios,not to clear yours. Please create a new thread to get better support for yourself.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-01-2015, 12:50 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, that easily violates Rule #1.

Now I'm done feeding the troll and mucking up this thread
Fine.
While I appreciate the work done on the emulator itself, I've always strongly disliked the official community - case in point.

Also, I'm not a troll.
If you perceive me as such, that's entirely on you.
I'd expect more maturity in the very least.

(03-01-2015, 12:51 PM)ssakash Wrote: This is not the correct thread for this, this thread was created in order for the OP to clear his doubts on dumping bios,not to clear yours. Please create a new thread to get better support for yourself.
Not necessary.
There will be no answer regardless if everyone shares this mindset.
There likely won't even be a discussion, just fickle people acting in the manner displayed in this thread.

I'll check back in another year to see if people have matured.