Dumping my BIOS
I wanna dump my own PS2 BIOS so I can use PCSX2 completely legally. After all, I have 4 working PS2s, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try...

Where's the guide for doing it? And will you help me out if I run into trouble at one point?

Sponsored links

I hope you have not used pcsx2 for emulation before but have just played around with the UI...

In the beginners guide in the section bios is a link:

http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tools.html

that should help you.
(11-19-2013, 02:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: I hope you have not used pcsx2 for emulation before but have just played around with the UI...

That's not relevant, if he wants to dump his BIOS why should you question what he might have done beforehand? Smile
(11-19-2013, 02:30 PM)Coornio Wrote: That's not relevant, if he wants to dump his BIOS why should you question what he might have done beforehand? Smile

Exxxxxxactly.
Now, now. Maybe willkuer is not familiar with the forums policy on this.

willkuer, we always assume the person is using the emulator and acquiring their games through legal methods unless they explicitly say that are not. We call it witch hunting and it is frowned upon

now you know Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(11-19-2013, 01:47 PM)RexFesto696 Wrote: I wanna dump my own PS2 BIOS so I can use PCSX2 completely legally. After all, I have 4 working PS2s, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try...

Where's the guide for doing it? And will you help me out if I run into trouble at one point?

U're welcome to check out my info-page.
Actually i didn't want to ask (there is no question mark). It is obvious that with-hunting is not nice. it was just an amused comment regarding the selection of words he/she used for his/her post.

Also I helped instead of refusing it.
It's as easy as putting the dumper onto a usb stick and running it via ulaunch.elf.
I saw that I can use Action Replay MAX (which I own) to help dump the BIOS, but the guide only gave me very little information on how to do it that way, and I had trouble understanding what to do because either tools weren't provided or half the links in that guide were dead.

Can you guys help me dump the BIOS using ARMAX, one step at a time please?
(11-20-2013, 02:27 PM)RexFesto696 Wrote: I saw that I can use Action Replay MAX (which I own) to help dump the BIOS, but the guide only gave me very little information on how to do it that way, and I had trouble understanding what to do because either tools weren't provided or half the links in that guide were dead.

Can you guys help me dump the BIOS using ARMAX, one step at a time please?

Edit: This assumes your PS2 isn't already modded, if it is, this is a very hard way to do this!

Depends on which Armax you have but I would(assuming FAT PS2)
1. Follow this tutorial
2. At this line:
Quote:IMPORTANT: If you did not copy your INSTALL folder and FREE_MCBOOT.ELF to USB devuce, you must do it now before continuing!
Make sure you have:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-BIOS-Dumper-v2-0-BIN
the download from there extracted and on the thumb drive. You can put it on before starting, if you wanna make your life easier.

At this line:
Quote:Ensure the USB stick is connected. Press O button for the FileBrowser in the uLaunchElf screen, move down to mass:/ and hit O, then move down to select FREE_MCBOOT.ELF and hit O to run it.

Run "dumpbios-mass.elf" instead of "free_mcboot.elf" which you put on the thumbdrive.

Profit.

(BTW the newer version of the tool in that package(ps2_dumper.elf) doesn't work for me!)

And BTW, this is a good time to softmod your PS2, if you wanna repeat those steps and install Free Mcboot!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD