Duplicate: [BUG REPORT] All Tony Hawk titles after Pro Skater 3 crash during loading.
In 0.9.6 every Tony Hawk(excluding Pro Skater 3) games crashes during the loading of the main menu

Effected games

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

I'm fairly confident that if you patch the crash on one of the titles, the rest will be magically fixed as well. The engines are not modified much for each different version, only game content.

Sponsored links

This is caused by the videos playing in the game's menus. It is indeed a bug in the IPU code of PCSX2 which is known to be buggy.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The normal intro videos work, and I don't specifically recall videos playing in the menus unless they do some sort of rendering that uses the IPU.

I remember one build of PCSX2 being able to get into the THUG main menu, but crashed when loading a level. Shame I can't remember that version number, because it got further than current builds.
I get the same problem here....trying to figure out how to fix it Tongue2
Threads already exist for this issue in several TH games, and it can be fixed by turning off MTVU in speedhacks.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Duplicate since it has been reported already.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Duplicate/Invalid/rejected bug reports subforum.