Duplicate: [Bug Report] NHL 2K10 [NTSC-U]
I've searched about this game and have a bug report but its very outdated (from 2009) and don't have much useful info , so I will made a more useful report to help the devs identify the problem.

PCSX2 Version: 0.9.8 r4600
CPU Options: default/ no speedhacks
Plugins Used: GSdx 4600 (Hardware/Software and DX9/DX11), SPU2-X r4600m, Lilypad svn (r4510), Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 (r4600)
Description: I'll enumerate to be more clear.

1- The game go to the first screen (Loading...) and then it stay there and don't go farther (with default settings in PCSX2).
2- When I enable the speedhacks , the same thing happen (stuck in loading screen)
3- When I enable EE Timing Hack under the Gamefixes , the game get past the loading screen and go to the screen which shows the team logos and the disclaimer and gets stuck there (and sometimes go to the 2K logo screen and stays stuck).
4- Another way I've found to get past the loading screen is to change the clamping mode (in EE/IOP tab) to Extra+Preserve Sign , but the game stuck at the same screens ("teams" and sometimes go to 2K logo screen and stays stuck again).
5- Sometimes the game don't past the loading screen even with EE Timing Hack enabled or with clamping mode at Extra+Preserve Sign (also tried with both enabled but gets stuck in loading screen)
6- When I use windowed mode the game sometimes go to till the 2K logo screen and gets stuck there.
7- Also tried with all the other clamping modes and round modes in EE/IOP tab and VUs tab , but without success (all the other modes besides the Extra+Preserve Sign in EE/IOP gets stuck in loading screen)
8- Tried with Interpreter mode in EE/IOP tab and VUs tab , and is the same thing.

All of this was tested with GSdx r4600 and no matter if is Hardware/Software or DX9/DX11 , the same thing happen.

Also tested with the latest SVNs which works ok for me (r5051 and r5065) and none of the "fixes" works (stay stuck in loading screen no matter what config in PCSX2)

Tested with ZeroGS in the SVNs and is the same thing (stuck in loading screen)

ps: Seems these "issues" are totally random , sometimes it works till the 2K logo and sometimes don't get past the loading screen.

If more information is needed , feel free to ask. I really want to enjoy this game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My little beast Biggrin

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz
MB: ASUS P6T
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770x2 (CrossfireX)
PSU: Corsair TX 750w
RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-20
STORAGE: 1x SSD Kingston 64gb (Windows and Apps) 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 [Raid0] (Storage and Games)

Sponsored links

We know about this problem and it's bugging us a lot.
The issue is indeed random and it doesn't matter what clamp mode you set on the EE tab.
We're suspecting a problem in SIF communication but we've also found the VUs to affect it somehow.

Sorry, for now you'll have to live with the random hangs :/
(01-13-2012, 01:40 PM)rama Wrote: We know about this problem and it's bugging us a lot.
The issue is indeed random and it doesn't matter what clamp mode you set on the EE tab.
We're suspecting a problem in SIF communication but we've also found the VUs to affect it somehow.

Sorry, for now you'll have to live with the random hangs :/

Ohh this is sad Sad but I can wait a bit more till some fix show up. And if you or any of the PCSX2 devs want my help with something (like more tests , particular fixes or whatever) feel free to ask , I will be happy to help in this case.
My little beast Biggrin

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz
MB: ASUS P6T
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770x2 (CrossfireX)
PSU: Corsair TX 750w
RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600mhz @ 7-7-7-20
STORAGE: 1x SSD Kingston 64gb (Windows and Apps) 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 [Raid0] (Storage and Games)
Games boots with the help of prafull's patch, which has been added to the GameIndex.dbf. If you still run into this issue, make sure you have the latest stable PCSX2 version, and go the System tab in PCSX2 and make sure "Automatic Gamefixes" is enabled.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Duplicate since it has been reported already.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Duplicate/Invalid/rejected bug reports subforum.