Dx 10 not being recognized?
Hey guys this is my first post so I'll start by saying I love this emulator! Thanks to all those who put in a lot of time and effort to create it.

I've been playing Shadow of the Colossus and it says its running at 55 fps but looks more like 30-40. I know that I have Dx 10 on my computer because when I run dxdiag it tells me I do. The problem is on the gsdx 4600 0.1.16 drop down menu it doesn't have directx 10 as a selectable option. I have the Dx 9 hardware and software choices to choose from but no dx10... why is this option not available?

Here is my system:
-windows vista
-Core2 Quad q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz ( can't over clock unfortunately b/c of motherboard)
-gtx 280
-6.00 Gb of RAM

thanks in advance

EDIT: I DO NOT have the dx10 choice available to me in the drop down menu.

Sponsored links

(05-20-2011, 09:55 PM)CallMeSolace Wrote: I have the Dx 9 and 10 hardware and software choices to choose from but no dx10... why is this option not available?

Umm, what?
Direct3D10 (Hardware/Software) is dx10.

Edit: Also, are you using speedhacks?
They can cause a false fps reading, sush as you described.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
you need to install Service pack 1 or 2 and the graphics platform update + the DirectX Redistributable to install the latest Dx10 and 11 components.
Good 'ol Vista! Laugh
(05-20-2011, 10:47 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Umm, what?
Direct3D10 (Hardware/Software) is dx10.

Edit: Also, are you using speedhacks?
They can cause a false fps reading, sush as you described.

Sorry I meant to write I have the dx9 software and hardware choices. There are no dx 10 choices available to me. I read that if the dx10 option doesn't appear its because I don't have directx 10... but my system says that I do.

Yes I am using the speedhacks. They improve game speed significantly. I would still like it if I could squeeze out an extra 5-10 frames per second. I'm hoping dx10 will be able to do this for me.

(05-21-2011, 01:02 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you need to install Service pack 1 or 2 and the graphics platform update + the DirectX Redistributable to install the latest Dx10 and 11 components.

I'm pretty sure I already installed this and it didn't work. Regardless I will try it again. What is the best place to download this from?
Microsofts own website.
Just to be sure install all of the stuff at the top of this thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx
Specs:
(05-21-2011, 03:47 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Just to be sure install all of the stuff at the top of this thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

I installed all of that but still no luck unfortunately. Does anyone know what else could be causing this problem?
Hmm, did you also update directx and you graphic drivers?

Edit: Well you did directx so forget about that. Also make sure you have vista service pack 2.
Specs: