Dynasty/Samurai Warriors and Xtreme Legends disk swap solution
Ok then, in the last week i worked and tested it a lot, but unfortunately there is no way to make it work on Samurai Warriors 2, so this guide works for all the Dynasty and Samurai Warriors titles, EXCEPT Samurai Warriors 2.

Then, it's easy, really really easy.

All you have to do is this (I take Dynasty Warriors 3 for example, but i repeat: you can do this for all the Samurai and Dynasty Warriors titles, EXCEPT Samurai Warriors 2)

[If you already got the Dynasty Warriors 3 + Xtreme Legends .iso's, then you can skip to passage number 3]

1 - Use Imgburn to export the .iso of Dynasty Warriors from your DVD to your computer
2 - Do the same for Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends
3 - Create a folder on the desktop and first extract the Xtreme legends .iso (With WinRar or 7zip) in it
4 - Create another folder on the desktop, and extract Dynasty Warriors 3 .iso in it
5 - Take the files from Dynasty Warriors 3 that you extracted, and move them in the folder where you extracted the ones for Xtreme legends and say "No to all" when it asks if you want to overwrite them
6 - Open ImgBurn and click on "create image from folder" then you have to select the folder when you extracted Xtreme Legends (and moved Dynasty Warriors 3 files in it without overwriting)
7 - At this point ImgBurn creates the .iso, and all you have to do is to mount that .iso with Daemon Tools, PowerISO, VirtualCloneDrive, or a program of your choice that can mount .iso's
8 - Go on PCSX2 and select "CDVD" then "Plugin" then "Plugin menu" and select "Plugin settings" and there you chose the virtual drive where you mounted the .iso that you created with ImgBurn
9 - Start the game, and when you go to the disk swap and it asks to "insert the original game disk" go on "CDVD" and select "no disc" then quickly click on "plugin" wait for the game that is loading the files, and whe it ask you to insert the "Xtreme legends disc" then do the same: "no disc" and then again on "plugin"
10 - You've done, this is the method to make the disk swap working.

Of course you have to do this "no disc" and "plugin" everytime you want to import the original disc.
And you can't do this if you run the game throught the .iso, it works only if you mount the image and you run it throught the plugin

I hope it's a clear guide, and sorry for my English, i'm Italian :')

Again, the method is the same for ALL the Samurai and Dynasty Warriors games EXCEPT Samurai Warriors 2

Enjoy ^^

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dynasty-W...lem-SOLVED
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-09-2015, 11:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dynasty-W...lem-SOLVED

This guide does not explain that this method can be used with every Warriors game, and you have to do extra passages with specified files.
With my guide you just need to put everything into the folder without overwrite anything.
In my opinion is more easy 
PS: how did you managed to make SW2 and SW2 XL work ?
I just registered to thank Buckethell for these instructions. It actually did work, repeat, DID WORK with Samurai Warriors 1 and its corresponding Xtreme Legends expansion, which I tried to get the disk-swapping working in Emulation.

I have tried so many things before, like the method of early swaps that seemed to work in SW 2 reported by tprocroi here

Or following the tutorial of merges of SW original and XL, which lead to black screens on boots or disk swap, and PCSX2 crashing, just like Themaxedgamer described in this thread

...However, with the mounting of the malicious mixed content disk, that which formerly spew black screen, is now working when put into plugin for PCSX2! SWXL boots fine from that disk, and I can make the swaps just like described by saint Buckethell above with NoDisc to Plugin switches. ..The game plays fine afterwards from that mount..., so yeah, it works! ..And probably for every warriors title with this.
Disk Swap works! Laugh Now proceed with the parade and go to all corners to spread the news! Biggrin

Also inform google, because people might want to know. I needed 2+ hours of research to find this thread via link to link hunt... . Happy
(08-04-2016, 08:27 PM)s.kirmish Wrote: I just registered to thank Buckethell for these instructions. It actually did work, repeat, DID WORK with Samurai Warriors 1 and its corresponding Xtreme Legends expansion, which I tried to get the disk-swapping working in Emulation.

I have tried so many things before, like the method of early swaps that seemed to work in SW 2 reported by tprocroi here

Or following the tutorial of merges of SW original and XL, which lead to black screens on boots or disk swap, and PCSX2 crashing, just like Themaxedgamer described in this thread

...However, with the mounting of the malicious mixed content disk, that which formerly spew black screen, is now working when put into plugin for PCSX2! SWXL boots fine from that disk, and I can make the swaps just like described by saint Buckethell above with NoDisc to Plugin switches. ..The game plays fine afterwards from that mount..., so yeah, it works! ..And probably for every warriors title with this.
Disk Swap works! Laugh Now proceed with the parade and go to all corners to spread the news! Biggrin

Also inform google, because people might want to know. I needed 2+ hours of research to find this thread via link to link hunt... . Happy

Oh my god i am so happy someone has assured me that buckethell's solution does work. I have tried the fix, but i encounter a problem when im running games as plugin and my pcsx2 crashes. If anyone can please help me with my issue i will be very grateful, and i will make sure to give as much detail as required to you for anything you ask.
I forgot to mention a few things too:

1. Will this work for samurai warriors 2? (Im hoping someone can try it out for samurai warriors 2 and report back)
2. Which versions does this work for, PAL , NTSC or both?
3. I have used imageburn to extract files from the discs for sw1 and xl but am not entirely clear on what happens when merging because when i click 'no' to overwrite, some files are still left behind.

But mainly i can't run anything using plugin for some reason. Would it be more appropriate to create a new thread or continue using this thread?
(08-04-2016, 08:57 PM)lolpop1 Wrote: Oh my god i am so happy someone has assured me that buckethell's solution does work. I have tried the fix, but i encounter a problem when im running games as plugin and my pcsx2 crashes. If anyone can please help me with my issue i will be very grateful, and i will make sure to give as much detail as required to you for anything you ask.
Hehe,
oh, but I am not sure how to help with any crashes for that plugin. Mine did just work instantly, while I am using pcsx2 1.4.0, and uhhh, some 2.0 europe bios... . Not sure what you need, but I can answer questions or give setting screenshots if that would help.

(08-04-2016, 09:14 PM)lolpop1 Wrote: I forgot to mention a few things too:

1. Will this work for samurai warriors 2? (Im hoping someone can try it out for samurai warriors 2 and report back)
2. Which versions does this work for, PAL , NTSC or both?
3. I have used imageburn to extract files from the discs for sw1 and xl but am not entirely clear on what happens when merging because when i click 'no' to overwrite, some files are still left behind.

But mainly i can't run anything using plugin for some reason. Would it be more appropriate to create a new thread or continue using this thread?
- I am very hopeful that this indeed also works for SW2, but who knows? It seems however that the thread I linked in the other post had found a solution that doesn't require the lengthy and brittle merge process. ...Not sure if it really works though since nobody has confirmed it there.
If you have SW2 +XL, then you can just test it for yourself, but if you are only considering buying it, then I might get around testing that too tomorrow, since I have planned playing SW2XL later on anyway.

- PAL is the version I tested this on, that is all I can say.

- I extracted both folders from isos which I confirmed to work individually. I also made savegames in both those games before, which were relics of another thing I had tried from other threads.(not sure if that is relevant for it to work though). All the threads that describe the method recommend creating a third folder for the mix, but it is not like you will be using the others after that anyway, so I just mixed the SW stuff into SWXL, forbid the overwrite.
That is all. Naturally, those files that you didn't overwrite get left behind in SW folder if you used cut. Huh  Or what did you mean?
Then from that the new iso, and mounted in deamon tools lite 10.4 free license for me.

Hope that helps so far. Awayy!! Ninja
(08-04-2016, 10:51 PM)s.kirmish Wrote: Hehe,
oh, but I am not sure how to help with any crashes for that plugin. Mine did just work instantly, while I am using pcsx2 1.4.0, and uhhh, some 2.0 europe bios... . Not sure what you need, but I can answer questions or give setting screenshots if that would help.

- I am very hopeful that this indeed also works for SW2, but who knows? It seems however that the thread I linked in the other post had found a solution that doesn't require the lengthy and brittle merge process. ...Not sure if it really works though since nobody has confirmed it there.
If you have SW2 +XL, then you can just test it for yourself, but if you are only considering buying it, then I might get around testing that too tomorrow, since I have planned playing SW2XL later on anyway.

- PAL is the version I tested this on, that is all I can say.

- I extracted both folders from isos which I confirmed to work individually. I also made savegames in both those games before, which were relics of another thing I had tried from other threads.(not sure if that is relevant for it to work though). All the threads that describe the method recommend creating a third folder for the mix, but it is not like you will be using the others after that anyway, so I just mixed the SW stuff into SWXL, forbid the overwrite.
That is all. Naturally, those files that you didn't overwrite get left behind in SW folder if you used cut. Huh  Or what did you mean?
Then from that the new iso, and mounted in deamon tools lite 10.4 free license for me.

Hope that helps so far. Awayy!! Ninja

If you dont mind, could i see a screenshot of the combined folder? i need to know which files are supposed to be in it to make sure my ripped iso is the same
I'd also like to see a screenshot of your console when you run it as a plugin
Also wanted to say this is what im doing
1. i have both the iso i ripped and have extracted the files from each to seperate folders
2. I moved files from sw1 to the xl without overwriting anything (however 3 files are still in the sw1 folder after moving such as system.cnf)
3. I used imgburn to create an iso from the combined folders
4. I mount the iso using poweriso to a virtual drive (i created a drive and its located as ''/:F'')
5. I choose plugin under cdvd instead of the default 'iso' option and select the drive i mounted iso into
6. I boot fast and game doesnt load because i get errors in the console log (im probably going to create a separate thread about this)

If you wish to see the log tell me. I dont know why my pcsx2 emu doesnt like running plugin.

this is just one line of the error (other lines are pretty similar)

(EE pc:80005558) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
(08-04-2016, 08:27 PM)s.kirmish Wrote: I just registered to thank Buckethell for these instructions. It actually did work, repeat, DID WORK with Samurai Warriors 1 and its corresponding Xtreme Legends expansion, which I tried to get the disk-swapping working in Emulation.

Hello again (sorry for triple posting)

I wanted to get a confirmation that running the combined iso as a plugin is really the only way of making the disc swap work, other way is running it using the internal iso which isn't working for me currently. I'd like to know so i can contribute to this: https://github.com/pcsx2/pcsx2/issues/91

Thankyou very much
(08-04-2016, 11:24 PM)lolpop1 Wrote: If you dont mind, could i see a screenshot of the combined folder? i need to know which files are supposed to be in it to make sure my ripped iso is the same
I'd also like to see a screenshot of your console when you run it as a plugin

Yes, well I don't have the folder anymore, because, why should I?, but I can look into the completed iso:
[Image: unbenanntm9keu.jpg]

...And inside modules:
[Image: unben2anntnxk5r.jpg]

Then here is a quick shot of the console as the plugin gets mounted (big screen)... :
[Image: pluginneutrall4jjl.jpg]

....And here you get my log in code form:

Code:
PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan  5 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build
7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8096 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
    CPU speed        =  1.994 ghz (8 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 1dbae3bf
    x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
    SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\gsdx32-avx.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
    Binding  PAD: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\lilypad.dll
    Binding SPU2: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\spu2-x.dll
    Binding CDVD: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
    Binding  USB: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\USBnull.dll
    Binding   FW: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\FWnull.dll
    Binding DEV9: C:\PCSX2\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 205ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
    Init PAD
    Init SPU2
    Init CDVD
    Init USB
    Init FW
    Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
    Opening CDVD
 * CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\E:'...
 * CDVD: setSpindleSpeed success (11080KB/s)
 * CDVD: IO thread started...
 * CDVD: KeepAlive thread started...
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (3258080 sectors)
 * CDVD: Disk Type: Single-Layer DVD
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
Current Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware mode)
McdSlot 0 [File]: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1 [File]: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: Europe  v02.00(14/06/2004)  Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
# Initialize memory (rev:3.70, ctm:392Mhz, cpuclk:294Mhz detected)

PlayStation 2 ======== Hard reset boot
 ROMGEN=2004-0614, IOP info (CPUID=1f, CACH_CONFIG=0, 2MB, IOP mode)
 <20040614-100914,ROMconf,PS20200EC20040614.bin:11696>
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (370:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb  6 2003 08:38:48
  CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2004-0614, 32M

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_530.04;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
found 0 symbols
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_530.04;1) Game CRC = 0x95E985AA, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver.0.9.1

Copyright 1999 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Reboot service module.(99/11/10)
cdvd driver module version 0.1.1 (C)SCEI
Load File service.(99/11/05)
Multi Threaded Fileio module.(99/11/15)
iop heap service (99/11/03)
loadelf: fname cdrom0:¥SLES_530.04;1 secname all
loadelf version 3.30
Input ELF format filename = cdrom0:¥SLES_530.04;1
0 00100000 0025df00 ......................................
Loaded, cdrom0:¥SLES_530.04;1
start address 0x100008
gp address 00000000
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
Get Reboot Request From EE

PlayStation 2 ======== Update rebooting..

PlayStation 2 ======== Update reboot complete
cdvdman Init

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver. 2.2

Copyright 1999-2002 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Reboot service module.(99/11/10)
cdvd driver module version 0.1.1 (C)SCEI
Load File service.(99/11/05)
Multi Threaded Fileio module.(99/11/15)
iop heap service (99/11/03)
Stream Buffer 1Bank 32768byte 5banks 163840byte used
    (CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from Plugin to NoDisc.
    Closing CDVD
 * CDVD: KeepAlive thread finished.
 * CDVD: IO thread finished.
Opening plugins...
    Opening CDVD
    (CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from NoDisc to Plugin.
    Closing CDVD
Opening plugins...
    Opening CDVD
    (CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from Plugin to NoDisc.
    Closing CDVD
 * CDVD: KeepAlive thread finished.
 * CDVD: IO thread finished.
Opening plugins...
    Opening CDVD
    (CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from NoDisc to Plugin.
    Closing CDVD
Opening plugins...
    Opening CDVD

The section after the two here
Code:

..is when I started the import function and switched disk, so that may be interesting to read. Happy

Quote:
Also wanted to say this is what im doing
1. i have both the iso i ripped and have extracted the files from each to seperate folders
2. I moved files from sw1 to the xl without overwriting anything (however 3 files are still in the sw1 folder after moving such as system.cnf)
3. I used imgburn to create an iso from the combined folders
4. I mount the iso using poweriso to a virtual drive (i created a drive and its located as ''/:F'')
5. I choose plugin under cdvd instead of the default 'iso' option and select the drive i mounted iso into
6. I boot fast and game doesnt load because i get errors in the console log (im probably going to create a separate thread about this)

If you wish to see the log tell me. I dont know why my pcsx2 emu doesnt like running plugin.

this is just one line of the error (other lines are pretty similar)

(EE pc:80005558) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
Again, I am no expert on this whatsoever, and only fix my own stuff, which usually works out. Since I bet you did the iso correctly, as there really isn't much to do wrong if you even use the same program..., I can only think of three sources of errors:
1. you have somehow modified pcsx2, so that this interferes. To that I can say that I only run a pretty fresh (2-3 months old) vanilla installation. ..If that goes without hickup, it must be something that was added, if the problem falls in this category.
2. your mounting software is not good enough. Daemon tools lite has a free license and no advertising beyond the two or so installation traps which a conscious reader will easily avoid. It makes up virtual drives as you need them I believe. Fact is, I never worried about that anymore since I use it/it updated to this revolutionized state.
3. There is also some chance that it only works with the german version, which is the one I have, but I would doubt that, because mere localization should not change the human speech independent data structure so much as I would guess.

...If it is none of those three, I have literally no idea. But it should.

(08-05-2016, 11:55 PM)lolpop1 Wrote:
Hello again (sorry for triple posting)

I wanted to get a confirmation that running the combined iso as a plugin is really the only way of making the disc swap work, other way is running it using the internal iso which isn't working for me currently. I'd like to know so i can contribute to this: https://github.com/pcsx2/pcsx2/issues/91

Thankyou very much

Well, I have found no other way despite much trying. As said in the first post, SW2+XL might work with the link provided there. A guy somewhat down in the thread reported he could make it work in 2 of 3 cases without needing to create a merged iso. However, that did not work for SW1, as the menu structure was different.(..And I tested all variants of the method that came to my mind)

Well, since you might not be sure of the working, I wanted to provide some essentially absolute proof, in form of a screen capture gif of it working! Biggrin   (warning, 8mb, despite strong compression.... ..how do people do these high quality high fps gifs that still load instantly in browsers? Interlaced loading or something? ..But how?)

[Image: swxl04qkk.gif]

..uhmm, obviously, the text is also in german there, but should be self explanatory.