Dynasty Warriors 3/4/5
(11-09-2014, 04:58 PM)Buckethell Wrote: I've tried, but when 20+ enemies are on screen, the FPS drops from 60 to 40/54
Maybe i should overclock my CPU

EE 95%
GS 30% / 40%

it's reasonable to overclock if you are expecting more performance out of the card, and it's only natural you will see slowdown since, your cpu has to render more textures and an old core 2 quad isn't very capable if you want 60fps constant on pcsx2. the best thing to try now is overclocking but, that will not provide much performance though.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

My GPU is already overclocked, i've overclocked my CPU from 2.66 to 3.32
I've earned some frame, like 5 or 6, but it's still laggy :/
Thank you all for the help, i think i will buy a new CPU soon
Did the game constantly run full speed on the console? If not, you won't get full speed on emulator either, no matter how much you overclock. Also, I got fullspeed on most games with slight speedhacks on an core 2 duo e7300 @ 3.3ghz, so it *probably* should work fine for you too. If nothing else, try an older version of pcsx2, as 1.2.1 and 1.3 are more precise and therefore more demanding
Sometimes the game slow down on console too, but something like 3 or 4 times in 2 or more hours of gameplay
(11-09-2014, 06:36 PM)Rassane Wrote: Did the game constantly run full speed on the console? If not, you won't get full speed on emulator either, no matter how much you overclock. Also, I got fullspeed on most games with slight speedhacks on an core 2 duo e7300 @ 3.3ghz, so it *probably* should work fine for you too. If nothing else, try an older version of pcsx2, as 1.2.1 and 1.3 are more precise and therefore more demanding

0.9.8 it's fine ?
Avoid EE timing and VU cycle stealing with Dynasty Warrriors games. They can make things worse.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

It's smooth as hell on 0.9.8
So, if someone else have a slow framerate on Dynasty Warriors games, install the 0.9.8 and use the same settings i used on the screenshots