Dynasty Warriors 3, XL and Samurai Warriors 1 incredible slowdown
Hi guys, love your work!

Downloaded a few versions of PCSX2 - and each time I try to play one of those three games I encounter the same issue regardless of my presets, settings.
The EE gauge is at a somewhat respectable 30-40%, the GS gauge is much lower. So I play for a while then all of a sudden, incredible slowmotion happens! It seems to be related to time. When this slow happens, my frames are still shown at 100%.

What can be the culprit?
Windows7, 4GB ram, ATI Radeon 5500. I set all the graphics setting to the lowest. Tried different EE options. Native resolution, nothing fancy. Mounting from an ISO.
When the slowdown happens I can hear my laptop being loud. Could this be related to a memory leak!?
Thank you, all.
Jennifer.

Sponsored links

You're hitting CPU thermal throttling on the laptop once your CPU gets hot enough under load. Your laptop isn't powerful enough for PCSX2.

Make sure you are in performance mode and plugged into power, this may help a little bit.

It's rather ironic that a 20 year old console emulator requires very strong hardware to function well, but accurate emulation performance comes at steep cost of requiring a lot from CPU/GPU hardware.
(10-14-2023, 06:55 AM)MrWizard Wrote: It's rather ironic that a 20 year old console emulator requires very strong hardware to function well, but accurate emulation performance comes at steep cost of requiring a lot from CPU/GPU hardware.

And that 20-year-old console architecture was unusual which when translated to PC the cost can be computationally expensive
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(10-14-2023, 07:06 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: And that 20-year-old console architecture was unusual which when translated to PC the cost can be computationally expensive
That's the exact message. Smile