Dynasty Warriors 3 speed issue
(04-07-2011, 01:58 AM)Aastii Wrote: P4's aren't made, but Celeron's still are, but either way that is my point, both are still frequently used chips, 1 is still a chip that is mass produced, yet neither gets close to standing up to some AMD chips, so it straight away disproves the fanboys saying "Intel > AMD...fact!!"

But.. you're comparing a budget chip to a performance chip so i dont.... understand...! Thats like comparing a Nissan Micra to a Mazda RX-8 instead of the Skyline to the RX-8! *brain explodes*

anyways, both are good makes, they both have awsome chips, AMD being cheaper performance/price definately, but intel do have the advantage in terms of the emulator Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Well, I believe I just debunk the theory or myth about AMD CPUs not able to use SSSE3 and SSE4.1 as an excuse to say Intel has the advantage because its has other instructions or features that AMD doesn't. I was using SSE2 and didn't really see much of a difference between SSSE3 and SSE4.1. So, there you have. AMD CPUs are slower clock-for-clock. It all comes down the the architectural design of the CPU. Good job Intel.
Yeh bulldozer should change things quite drasticly, i used AMD for a long time (got my older opteron powering my telly machine Tongue) so it's going to be really nice seeing them turn things around once again Smile

(04-07-2011, 12:32 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeh bulldozer should change things quite drasticly

Yeah, now when users ask why their AMD doesn't support SSE4 we can just say it's because they're using ancient AMD CPUs and should upgrade if they want full features Laugh
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-07-2011, 12:41 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Yeah, now when users ask why their AMD doesn't support SSE4 we can just say it's because they're using ancient AMD CPUs and should upgrade if they want full features Laugh

xD yeh! "Sorry we don't support mid-life crisis's" Tongue

tuanming:
You need to disable SSS3 and SSE4 in GSdx AND PCSX2 (via source code change), then do some pretty extensive testing, if you want to report a reliable performance comparison.

About the new AMD chip:
Well, I definitely think my Intel E8400 is getting old.
Would be great if AMD offered a viable alternative to Intel's 2600k by the time I upgrade Laugh
(04-07-2011, 12:18 PM)refraction Wrote: But.. you're comparing a budget chip to a performance chip so i dont.... understand...! Thats like comparing a Nissan Micra to a Mazda RX-8 instead of the Skyline to the RX-8! *brain explodes*

anyways, both are good makes, they both have awsome chips, AMD being cheaper performance/price definately, but intel do have the advantage in terms of the emulator Smile

(04-05-2011, 07:12 PM)Game Wrote: Intel CPUs are faster than AMD.It's a fact.

That quote is why I initially disputed the fact. What the claim was means that all chips made by Intel, budget or otherwise are faster than ALL AMD chips, so the comparison does work and does completely disprove the fanboys.

for the emulator, I am actually seeing better performance on this chip than I was doing when I had an E6750 @3.5 running, which is counter intuitive, but I am not complaining about it Tongue. That was a great little chip, overclocked like hell, ended up selling it a few months back though Sad

My view on Bulldozer is that I want it to live up the hype, I really, really want it to live up to the hype just so once again AMD can stick it to Intel and can, hopefully, force Intel to drag their prices down to some acceptable levels, because right now they are running rampant and can essentially charge whatever they like because there is 0 competition up at the top end
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
CPU: AMD 720BE @3.4GHz @ 1.4V
Memory: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 260 @700/1500/1100
HDD: 500GB Samsung F3 + 500GB Storage