Dynasty Warriors 5 Lines Appearing?
Hope this is posted in the right place.  Unsure

I've been emulating consoles for a few years and recently gave PCSX2 a try. With the help of a friend it's running pretty smooth with several titles but I'm getting a graphical error with DW5 which I cannot find a fix for. 
While moving around I'm noticing lines appearing across the different maps that appear and disappear as I move towards/away. They seem like part of the terrain models perhaps and while I assume it a rendering error, I cannot seem to fix it (Assuming Zhang Jiao is not responsible for it...Glare
I've tried different plugins, rendering methods, resolutions, hardware and software. This does not occur on any other title I've tried so far and as I wish to make recordings of the game this must be fixed. 
Is it maybe an issue with the game itself? Or has anyone else encountered this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated and can give more details/images if needed.

Many thanks  Biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-11-2017, 08:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

My apologies, I'm running windows 10, AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 4 Core @3.1GHz
Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 8GB Ram.
I'm using PCSX2 1.4.0, the one I recently got form the main site.
I'm playing all game from ISO, other titles I've run fine so far are from GTA series. No issues of any sort.
I did enable the MTVU speedhack to allow the game to run faster but this issue was already there beforehand. Has been since boot-up.

Some extra details are below, I have tried changing renderer, interlacing, filtering, resolution but none has been successful. Running on native reso did help slightly but was more the lines were still there but harder to see like the rest of the game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tried latest git versions ?
Erm, excuse me? I've only been testing with this for a couple days so not really sure what you mean... Wacko

Is that like a particular version of the game with some code revisions in it or something like that?
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
Ah I see. I will certainly try that and see what happens...brb
Have got working but unfortunately the problem is still there. 

As something I've noticed, the lines seem to intersect each other to make like a spider web across the map, they do so in a way that it almost makes hexagon shapes out of the lines..? May not be anything important.

Is it possible that the ISO itself is the problem?
if you ripped it correctly, the iso can't be at stake.
if you want to be sure, try with your original disc in your DVD reader.
I used the actual disc and it's the same so the ISO should be fine then. Must be an emu problem...somewhere.

What I can't work out is what would cause that issue. I've worked with other emus before and never seen anything like it so not sure where to start.