Dynasty Warriors 5 - Slowdowns and "lines"
Hi. I recently got an urge to play DW5. Not wanting to go through the trouble of finding my PS2 and plugging it in, plus wanting to play it in high-res, I just decided to try emulating it with PCSX2 instead.

So, I put in the DVD, start up the game and everything seems fine. I start Musou mode and select a character. Then the preparation shows up, and FPS drops to 10. I tried changing a few settings and the like, but it kept happening. I decided to try just starting the game... and everything works fine. 50 smooth FPS. No drops. So I restarted again, and this time I just left the preparation screen open... and after 10-20 seconds, FPS jumped up to 50 and stayed there.

So I'm thinking maybe it's just taking too long to load from the DVD. I'm going to make an ISO and see if that helps. I'll report back with results, and if it's not successful I'll need some advice.

Anyway, that's not my only problem. My other problem is one which I have in almost all the games I play with PCSX2.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/681/dw5k.png

In the image above, you'll see a few arrows pointing at what looks be vertical tears in the screen. I've noticed the same problem in both Persona 3 and God of War. Any ideas?

My main specs are:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz
ATI Radeon 5750 HD 1GB
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM

I'm using the latest version of both PCSX2 (0.9.7.r3876) and all of the plugins. I have the INTC, Wait Loop and mVU Flag speedhacks enabled.

I will upload my .inis if anyone wants to take a look at them.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

What is the EE% when you are playing this game?
At what point? When I'm actually in-game?
yes, when you are on the field in the game.
It varies a lot between 50-100%

EDIT: I'm now running the game off of an .iso instead. This did indeed fix the slowdown, but I'm still having the problem with the tearing... so if anyone has any advice regarding this, that would be great.
are you running the game on native resolution?
No, I'm running the game at 1920 x 1080... you think this is the problem?
yea, most likely, truy at native first see what that doeas, then use the scalar to see how long before it tears
Yeah, I confirmed that the resolution is the cause. Native has no problems. The tearing starts happening right at 2x scaling... so I guess it's either native resolution or tearing, unless there's some kind of workaround.
(01-14-2011, 11:16 PM)CNMOH Wrote: Yeah, I confirmed that the resolution is the cause. Native has no problems. The tearing starts happening right at 2x scaling... so I guess it's either native resolution or tearing, unless there's some kind of workaround.

Correct. Tiny or larger glitches are bound to happen when rendering games at different resolutions than what they intended them to be.
[Image: newsig.jpg]