Dynasty Warriors XL problem SOLVED!!
Hi all, i'm new and i'm italian then sorry my bad english Tongue
I've Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends and i can load original Laugh
I try to explain so who make iso files can do it working.
I write english and later i write in italian too so maybe can be more clear.

-ENGLISH-
1 - Get normal ISO of Dynasty Warriors 3 XL and Dynasty Warriors 3
2 - Create 2 folders on desktop (to not search in HDD) named DW3 and DW3XL (to not confuse yourself)
3 - Extract iso from XL to new folder for XL and same with DW3, so you have all extracted files in separate folders
4 - from the folder DW3 copy in the folder DW3XL following files:
LINKDATA.BNS, SLUS_202.77, VOICE.BNS, OUT.BIN
(in MODULES) KESSOUND.IRX, KOEIADS.IRX
(in CDROM) KOEISND.IRX
5 - Create another new folder on desktop named as you want where you put in the game finished
6 - Open ImgBurn (i've done with this but use what you prefer) "Create image file from files/folders"
7 - In SOURCE "browse for a folder" and select the folder DW3XL, in DESTINATION select the 3rd create folder named as you want to make the iso.
Here the settings used in ImgBurn:
http://www.digital-digest.com/~cynthia/i...ode313.png

8 - Start creating the new iso and wait until finished.
9 - Open pcsx2, select the new iso file and run it fast, select LOAD ORIGINAL and push start when it ask without nothing else
10 - You can now give me the nobel Biggrin
I think can be solved in all the Dynasty and maybe games with similar problems, it's enough create iso games with necessary files so not need to "change disc" or something else.

-ITALIANO-
1 - Prendi le normali iso di Dynasty Warriors 3 XL e Dynasty Warriors 3
2 - Crea 2 cartelle sul desktop (per non cercare sull'HDD) chiamate DW3 e DW3XL (per non confonderti)
3 - Estrai XL nella cartella per XL e lo stesso con DW3, così hai tutti i file estratti in cartelle separate
4 - dalla cartella DW3 copia nella cartella DW3XL i seguenti files:
LINKDATA.BNS, SLUS_202.77, VOICE.BNS, OUT.BIN
(in MODULES) KESSOUND.IRX, KOEIADS.IRX
(in CDROM) KOEISND.IRX
5 - Crea un'altra cartella sul desktop e nominala come vuoi, dove metterai il file iso completato
6 - Apri ImgBurn (io l'ho fatto con questo ma usa quel che vuoi) "Crea una nuova immagine"
7 - In ORIGINE "cerca una cartella" e scegli la cartella DW3XL, in DESTINAZIONE scegli la 3a cartella nominata come vuoi per fare l'iso.
Ecco i settaggi usati in ImgBurn:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/35nbgqp.jpg

8 - Parti ed aspetta che finisce il nuovo file iso ed aspetta che finisce.
9 - Apri pcsx2, scegli il nuovo file iso ed avvia veloce, scegli LOAD ORIGINAL e schiaccia start quando richiesto senza far altro
10 - Ora puoi darmi il nobel Biggrin
Penso che risolva il problema in tutti i Dynasty e forse in giochi con problemi simili, basta creare giochi iso con i files necessari così non c'è bisogno di "cambiare disco" o altro.

I hope some expert or developer of pcsx2 can understand what i've written so they can solve many problems, again sorry for mistakes in english language or poorly explained Rolleyes

Sponsored links

Except legally you'd be required to have both disks to do that, and then again i'm not sure if you're allowed to do something like that.
As long as users own both copies yes. Im not completely happy with the first instructions considering you could just copy the files directly from the dvd.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-17-2014, 01:03 PM)Coornio Wrote: Except legally you'd be required to have both disks to do that, and then again i'm not sure if you're allowed to do something like that.

of course you need both discs, but the normal disc changing doesn't work with the dw games on pcsx2 because the method dw uses isn't implemented in pcsx2. you need to have the dw disc to get some gameplay modes in dwxl.

also I tried it in dw 4 xl

But some files have different names or don't exist there so I just left them out and it didn't work, just got a lot of tlb misses.
(01-17-2014, 02:00 PM)refraction Wrote: As long as users own both copies yes. Im not completely happy with the first instructions considering you could just copy the files directly from the dvd.

I have DW3, DW3xl, DW4 and DW4xl and i've ps2 fat too Smile
I've not work with dvd but i copy them on pc and all was done editing files in the pc, i'm happy instead that it work so simply cause not need to wait months Laugh
Hoping no more limitations with future games.

p.s. i'm totally legal, i've all dvd originals and i've old ps2 (30004) working too.
(01-17-2014, 06:44 PM)Drax80 Wrote: I have DW3, DW3xl, DW4 and DW4xl and i've ps2 fat too Smile
I've not work with dvd but i copy them on pc and all was done editing files in the pc, i'm happy instead that it work so simply cause not need to wait months Laugh
Hoping no more limitations with future games.

p.s. i'm totally legal, i've all dvd originals and i've old ps2 (30004) working too.

can you say what files one has to change for dw4 as the files there are differentfrom those on dw3
Seems to be working for Samurai Warriors 2 XL!
Just copy over all files from the normal Samurai Warriors folder to the XL one, WITHOUT overwriting the files that already exist.
Create the ISO as seen above.
Boot the game with the normal SW XL disc, import, when asked to open tray select the new ISO, swap disc, then swap back again to the normal XL disc. Done Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
What application is being used for the creation of the ISO? Im still new about this stuff and not my specialty.
It says so in the first post.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-20-2014, 03:35 PM)Bositman Wrote: It says so in the first post.

it didnt work... I followed what you said in Samurai Warriors XL. I didn't overwrite anything at all, just skipping it and created a new ISO.

It says an error about incomplete ISO image is corrupt. I already created the new ISO multiple times but still the same.

Have I made something wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)