EE:100%
It's the same with intel, it says that it have 8 cores, while it's just a quad-core. You gotta love the misreading of software.

Sponsored links

(06-04-2013, 08:42 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: It's the same with intel, it says that it have 8 cores, while it's just a quad-core. You gotta love the misreading of software.

I have never seen Intel advertise the logical cores on their hyper-threading enabled processors as as real cores. Maybe when they first came out 10 years or so ago, but not recently. They do advertise them as running twice as many threads as they have cores, but that's true. They do run twice as many threads as they have cores, but those logical cores are weaker, and both Windows and Linux treat them as such (presumably OS X as well). However each of AMD's half cores are given equal treatment, and then its up to each core to try to share the FPU, a task that isn't handled well at all.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
I'm pretty sure i have a quad core, but that aside, all i did was turn mtvu on and just about every game now i can run at x2-3 native with MSAAx8 (SotC included) i know AMD's individual cores are weaker, but comparing it to the i3 in the same price range i'd rather have something i can hook a BA heatsink to and put in a nice case and get 5ghz on 50$ less(than a quad i5), if i had the money i'd have an i7-k series but i don't.. So stop whining.

PCSX2 now runs alot better, especially since i started reading up on what settings and hacks actually do.