EE:100%
I was wondering if EE stood for more than just processor strain?

I have an AMD FX-4300 OC'd to 4.2Ghz and have hardware monitor up and its only using about 50% of cpu total i bumped the threads up so that it runs on all 4, is this the wrong thing to do?

Sponsored links

Threads are only for software mode and it's no real use to put it higher then 3 threads.
seems kinda legit. in theory only 2 or 50% running heavy. this is the bulldozer design flaw. despite being 4 cores it's only got 50% fpu capabilities. if the coders yould break the memcopy down to general registers it'd perhaps perform lil better without locking it's own resources for crap when they're needed elsewhere. but... this is technical you don't wanna know.

so... Smile
It is set to 3 threads, would making it an ISO run it better?..

also, you've probably gotten this question alot.. but (i know the shortcut is f9) what exactly is software mode?

(05-31-2013, 11:03 PM)xstyla Wrote: seems kinda legit. in theory only 2 or 50% running heavy. this is the bulldozer design flaw. despite being 4 cores it's only got 50% fpu capabilities. if the coders yould break the memcopy down to general registers it perform some better without locking it's own resources for crap when they're needed elsewhere. but... this is technical you don't wanna know.

so... Smile

Oh, my AMD is the Vishera if that makes a Diff.

EDIT: in Hardware monitor all 4 cores are at 50%
ehh... no. vishera probably doesn't make a big difference. Smile

making an iso is always better. a harddrive is faster then the dvd. this is recommended. scored there.

software threads are only used by the graphics plugin. and only when you render in software mode. it won't influence anything esle. is not recommended if you want good graphics. you might need it if there's some bug or glitches rendering the games. that's the only way to make use of it. it's there for compatibility. but if your game renders fine in hardware mode this is what you gotta use. Wink
thanks xstyla.

My PC is deff a budget gaming rig, but it does what i need it to do, the temp is still really low, and i'm going to OC it more.

Would that help me any also?
dunno if an oc would make that better. i'm not an ocer. i'm an algorithmer. but i'd say it just sweat more doing nothing better. just burning. you say budget, i say don't burn it. you don't want that. pcsx2 is proven not to be a software to use the potential of the bulldozer. so... better use as it is.
excuse me double posting. but is that all 50% with MTVU hack or not. that just came up to ask? Smile
The FX4300 should be able to OC higher with little issues.
(05-31-2013, 11:59 PM)xstyla Wrote: excuse me double posting. but is that all 50% with MTVU hack or not. that just came up to ask? Smile

i don't know what an MTVU hack is, so probably not.. lol

(06-01-2013, 12:09 AM)NarooN Wrote: The FX4300 should be able to OC higher with little issues.

yeah i was going to overclock it not for PCSX2 but overclock it anyways, its still at about 41C prime95 temp.