EE cycles question
Question 
Can someone tell me where can i change the EE cycles, in what .cpp file is the setting located ?
I want to bugtest something and i need pcsx2 to emulate EE faster (kind of overclock the EE).

Thank you for any help Smile .

Sponsored links

there's speedhacks for that if you really need it
you don't get it i don't need speedhacks i need the opposite of speedhacks
http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=EE+sp...ode%5C.com&origq=EE+speedhack

that's what shows up from the source, modify it to your own needs
pff cant seem to find it in the code i knew there was an option like eeCycles=512 or something somewhere in the code but i couldn't find it after a whole night of searching.

Calling it a day since its 6 AM here Smile .

L.E: Apparently i couldn't find it because it was in pcsx2 playground and it was the EE_WAIT_CYCLES define, now does this exist in any way in the new pcsx2 ?
Talking about the cycles here : http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2-playgroun...tail?id=58

Argh nailed it thanks Saiki for telling me to use google search Smile)
Nah, that was an old synchronization thing to make sure EE and IOP don't get too far apart and that events like interrupts are getting handled timely.
To overclock the EE you'll want to change the modifiers here:

Code:
switch( EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate )
    {
        case 0:    return s_nBlockCycles >> 3;

case 1:        // Sync hack x1.5!
            scalarLow = 5;
            scalarMid = 7;
            scalarHigh = 5;
        break;

case 2:        // Sync hack x2
            scalarLow = 7;
            scalarMid = 9;
            scalarHigh = 7;
        break;

jNO_DEFAULT
    }

What I often do when I need a fast EE is modify the 1.5x speedhack setting. Put in:

Code:
scalarLow = 2;
scalarMid = 4;
scalarHigh = 2;

For an EE speed of ~400Mhz (very roughly, could be 500 even Tongue2 ).
thanks rama ill try your suggestion
wow that worked flawlessly it seems like Sega Ages volume 32 and 33 need a faster EE it solves the audio problem (the audio was slowing down even though the game had 60 fps constant).
Yes this makes sense for emulators on the PS2 which are, just like emulators of the PS2 on the PC (ie, PCSX2), very CPU-dependent.

It is on our TODO list by the way to remove the EE speedhack system and replace it with an actual EE mhz scalar value, so you can just set like 33->1200mhz as your EE core speed. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(07-16-2010, 06:27 PM)Air Wrote: It is on our TODO list by the way to remove the EE speedhack system and replace it with an actual EE mhz scalar value, so you can just set like 33->1200mhz as your EE core speed. Wink

Would be nice to have that Smile
Patiently waiting for it.
And you're right:
The default speed of our EE is too low. Some day we're going to fix that up, but you can imagine people won't like it Tongue2