EE not going more than 10% and GS not going more than 30%.
As stated in the thread title, I can't get my computer to use more resources than those percentages, but I'm only getting 17-22 FPS on Shadow of the Colossus and Lego Star Wars II, making them barely playable. Does anyone have an explaination and/or a solution? Thanks in advanced.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I forgot to mention my computer (laptop) specs:
64 bit windows vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00Ghz
Intel G45 Express Chipset
Intel GMA X4500mhd
4gb ram
1600x900 native
(04-03-2013, 05:17 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

I am using the latest version of PCSX2 (1.0), currently at default settings because I can't use directx10, didn't see any improvement using the speedhacks (except for multicore utilization),and am trying to play the following:

Shadow of the Colossus
Lego Star Wars
Lego Star Wars II
Oblivion
Dead Space
Oblivion & dead space won't work since they are not PS2 games
to make it short, your PC is really weak to play pcsx2 and your GPU in particular isn't supported by pcsx2 anymore .
I couldn't explain why you get those low percentages all the time, though.

But I can guarantee that none of the games you're trying to load under pcsx2 will work @ playable speeds.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The T6400 always has to wait for the slow 4500MHD, that's why he got low EE and GS usage.

Use GSDX Null and you'll get a speed boost I wager.
Initialization failed under the GSnull plugin; that was why I used Windows Vista to do PCSX2. When I tried using Ubuntu, initialization failed (black screen, nothing more) as well under the GSnull plugin. Also, do you know where I can find the GSDX plugin for linux (shared library type)?
In order to not derail this thread, come make one about the missing plugin in the Linux forum. Please make sure to note your CPU, GPU, proprietary vs open source mesa driver, 32 or 64 bit distro. Since it sounds like you are missing dependencies, please note whether you are using the ppa or SVN.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-03-2013, 01:57 PM)neodymium Wrote: Initialization failed under the GSnull plugin; that was why I used Windows Vista to do PCSX2. When I tried using Ubuntu, initialization failed (black screen, nothing more) as well under the GSnull plugin. Also, do you know where I can find the GSDX plugin for linux (shared library type)?

Wait, did you use GSnull plugin? I imagine you wanted to listen the sound track only then Smile

That's the same reason you can't get more than a black screen on Linux also... but even when using a non null plugin the speed on Linux will hardly be better.
Imagination is where we are truly real