EE slider
i saw some changes GUI that sskash does. he good at gui. while ee overclock and underclock can be change from pcsx2_vm.ini that already done by rama. my sugestion. why don't we make  slider on ee overclock and underclock ?  i think sskash can do that. it is just my sugestion.  thank you  Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y

Sponsored links

Not really, Overclocking EE was never enabled through the pcsx2_vm.ini.

take a look at the code,

Code:
if (EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate > 2 && EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate < 100) {
        scalarLow *= EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate;
        scalarMid *= EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate;
        scalarHigh *= EmuConfig.Speedhacks.EECycleRate;
        }
where it only accepts value between 3-99 and pumps up the scalar values even higher depending on the value. so overclocking was never done before Tongue2

overclocking is fairly simple though. just reduce the scalar values even further to make sure that the scale of cycles per instructions are even higher (or) something. not sure though, Ref didn't give me much idea Tongue2

I could implement overclocking on the GUI but there are some reasons on why I wouldn't do so,

1/ Blyss already did this and didn't PR it for some reasons, If I did this now it would be like stealing other person's valuable work which would be disturbing me. Tongue2

2/ see reason #1

That's all Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
is it mean, it will never be implemented?
It was never PR'd because Avih was supposed to be working on a better way to implement it. The current system won't allow for a predictable overclock on the EE.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-24-2015, 04:27 PM)billyash Wrote: is it mean,  it will never be implemented?

not really, I mean I'll wait for Blyss to PR it (it was his idea). don't really know why he didn't PR yet though Sad
If he doesn't want to do it for some reasons, maybe I'll consider it.

(08-24-2015, 04:31 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It was never PR'd because Avih was supposed to be working on a better way to implement it. The current system won't allow for a predictable overclock on the EE.

better way ? what would that be ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
It's in this issue
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/153
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Timing seems to be fixed in an arbitrary way.

They first want to fix timing to an accurate way before they want to play with clocks.
There is somewhere an open github issue showing some part of the discussion.

Edit:

-.-''
You are too fast.
bumped up the issue a bit , maybe I'll get a response Tongue2
- Refraction
(08-24-2015, 04:37 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It's in this issue
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/153

i think slider in real clock ( Mhz) is good idea. instead of  EE cyclerate :Smile
(08-24-2015, 05:09 PM)billyash Wrote: i think slider in real clock ( Mhz) is good idea. instead of  EE cyclerate :Smile

If it was as simple as that then it wouldn't be under the tab speed _hacks_. The whole point is that setting the speed correctly depends on much deeper PCSX2 working,(super non trivial and impossible with the current PCSX2 design), and therefore the approach which the slider affects is a big hack. It sort of works, and that's why it's there.

My request was to add whatever new hack values he wants, but keep the existing hacks intact - both in slider value and in their effect (the configuration values they induce), e.g. by adding new slider values to the left, and IIRC the original patch did neither of those.