Easy Way To Cheat On PCSX2 IT WORKS
Hello Everyone,

My name is Pl4yst4tion Rox,

I just recently signed up like 10 minutes ago. I have just finished glancing at a few pages of threads that came from my search of Codebreaker. I would like to tell you guys the easiest way to cheat on the PCSX2. This is the way that I figured out how to do it about 2 hours ago. 

Buy yourself a copy of Action Replay or Codebreaker. I have a physical copy of Codebreaker v. 10. I  put in the disc like most of you have done only to realize that the disc wouldn't load. I thought to myself, What if I create an .iso and load the file. The file loaded the Pelican logo and the main menu. I added codes for Yakuza as it couldn't read the codes from my physical memory card. Once I did that I chose the codes that I wanted to use and hit "start". I was brought back to the Codebreaker's main menu. I clicked on the disc icon and when the message 'Please insert Game, then Press X to continue' I STOPPED and THIS IS WHAT I DID.

I went to System in the upper left corner and clicked on it. I went to  'Change Disc' and then choose either 'From File' if you want to load an .iso or go to 'From Device' If you want to load a game from a disc. Make your choice FIRST BEFORE YOU HIT THE X BUTTON. If you have chosen From File go to the place on your computer where the .iso/(.bin if you want to load a CD base game) is that you want to load and double click on it. Once you do that you will see in the upper left hand corner a message that says disc change to the 'name of the file'. If you have chosen to load a game on a disc a message will tell you the drive letter of you Disc drive. Now go ahead and press X and the PCSX2 will now load your game and you can now enjoy your games with cheats without having to fumble around with the Pnach BS.

I hope that this helps a lot of people. I am sure that I am not the first one that have thought of this but I didn't see this mentioned in any of the threads that I looked at. Have a Great Holiday everyone.

Sponsored links

Pretty sure I posted similar quite sometime ago and found it was hell of a lot easier to cheat when (back then) the nightly builds allowed me to use my physical Action Replay Max Disc (not a copy) and have the emulator Boot From Device then once my Action Replay Max had loaded I would tell the emulator to Change Disc and load game from my Game List and it would then bring up its cheats to select then boot the game and hey presto the cheats would be active and working perfectly.

Though I did notice (back then) that for some reason my Action Replay Max wouldn't detect my memory cards created within the emulators Memory Card setting (regardless of its size or settings, but would work perfectly fine when emulating your games), so that meant that every time I'd boot my Action Replay Max Disc up, it would always boot as Factory Default settings from the disc.

So that means I couldn't go into my Action Replay Max settings to turn off its annoying background music and to change its setting when detecting your game and the way it would display your games cheat list.

For some very stupid reason Datel thought it would be a great idea to add two ways of loading up your cheat list, I think they were called Quick Mode and Expert Mode.

Quick Mode has this retarded like slider menu on screen where you would Increase/Decrease this navigation circle like bar that would cycle through the games cheat list and you could only go forward or backwards and have no clue what cheats you were activating or if you were even activating any cheats at all.

Expert Mode was the normal way that you would expect every cheat device to load your cheat list, but it had one new feature that other cheat devices never had before, normal cheat devices would just load its main cheat database and you would have to manually find your game in the cheat list then select your cheats.

This new feature would auto detect your game and if it has any cheats it would take you straight to them, or in the rare occasion you might have a game that has had multiple versions in which it hasn't been able to auto detect your game, but it may still have cheats available but as a different version.

So once you have found your game from the cheat list, selected your cheats, booted your game up, it would normally save your settings to your memory card so next time it will automatically detect your game, available cheats and what cheats you have enabled. But because Action Replay Max can't detect your Memory Cards, you are unable to change/save your settings to disable the background music and set it to Expert Mode to auto detect your game.

This also means every time you load your Action Replay Max up, you will always be defaulting back to its Factory Default settings from your Action Replay Max Disc. It won't remember what cheats you have enabled for your games, or automatically detect your game if it has had multiple versions and most importantly it won't let you add/delete games/cheats to your Action Replay Max cheats list.

But then I think at a later point after some updates it stopped working all together and would just take you to a black screen whenever you try to boot up your Action Replay Max Disc. I haven't checked since to see if this is working again, but when I noticed it had stopped working I recall posting a Q asking if it's possible to roll back to a previous nightly build and pretty much told you cant and to use a stable release (which won't have any of the beta updates) or to use PNACH files.

I don't quite understand the emulator's method of cheat support and functionality as PNACH format cheats vs supporting the use of physical cheat discs like Action Replay Max, it used to work just as it would on the actual console (minus the issue of not been able to detect your Memory Card), it was far simpler to use and had cheats that would work for some games that wouldn't work via PNACH. I do not mean any offence by this statement, but other console emulators that had disc based cheat devices would work in the same way as it would on the actual console, but on the emulator.

Also back then PNACH files would automatically enable all cheats within the PNACH file at the boot of your game, which wasn't ideal when you there are many games with cheats that have specific requirements when using them, for example only using at a certain point in the game. So back then you would have to manually keep editing your PNACH file, which was less convenient vs been able to boot up your Action Replay Max Cheat Disc.

But recently the emulator had an update which changed the way PNACH cheats worked, this brought it same as other emulators and almost like it would if you were using an Action Replay Max Cheat Disc. You could open up your cheat menu at any time and toggle your cheats on/off as/whenever you needed, but for what ever reason it is when using PNACH cheat format, there are some games where some cheats won't work or some where no cheats will work at all. But again, would work perfectly fine when I was able to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc, so that would be ideal if the emulator was able to add support so that these Cheat Device Discs would work.

I don't know the workings of how PNACH actually works and I do not mean to offend any of the guys that have put all their hard work into keeping this emulator alive, sometimes I think when I was able to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc, it did have its advantages and would be beneficial if such cheat discs were supported.

I also need to apologise if anything I have put may seem to be worded and if taken as offending, it is not my intention at all, but for some retarded reason all the chemotherapy and stem cell transplants has completely changed things with me, almost rendered a 38 year old cripple who used to live an active life, it has also left permanent damage to my body and especially my mental capacity.

So, when I have been typing this it has taken me literally nearly 2 hours because my brain is constantly getting confused when I try type what I am thinking to say, but what actually gets put down makes no sense as I keep reading it over and over and it just isn't clicking in my head.

When the main purpose of my post was simply to point out that I also noticed a while back that I was able to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc to cheat while playing my games, it was like 99% exactly how it would if I were using my actual PS2 console, minus the issue with the Action Replay Max not been able to detect the emulator memory cards to save/load.

It was more convenient way of cheating than PNACH because it would have games/cheats that would work whereas if it were PNACH you find some games/cheats wont work for some reason, also prior to the PNACH update, it was less convenient when you had to keep manually editing your PNACH cheats as they used to auto enable everything on booting your game, but thankfully it has changed now where it can be toggled on/off in real time during any point in your game....... which is perfect and has made it more convenient than it used to be, but it is a shame that for some reason my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc at some point during a nightly update, has prevented it from working anymore (but saying that, since the PNACH update, I haven't tried to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc in a long time).

So, please accept my apologies in advance if anything I have put has been worded in the wrong way where it may come across as offending or rude, this is not my intention at all and my head has been very confused and distorted while typing this, so sorry if it seems like a rant. I now need to lay down and need a nap because it has made me very disoriented and tired.
After reading this I too need to go back to playing a game or watching a movie. I could barely make out what you were trying to say. I am just glad that at least 100 people have read my post which means that I have helped hopefully a quarter of them. No one has posted saying that it doesn't work or that they are having problems getting it to work. You can save codes straight to the virtual memory card as well. Well thanks to everyone that has read my post. I hope that i have helped at least one person cheat on the PCSX 2. Have a great Holiday everyone
(12-11-2023, 08:30 AM)Pl4ystation Rox Wrote: Hello Everyone,

My name is Pl4yst4tion Rox,

I just recently signed up like 10 minutes ago. I have just finished glancing at a few pages of threads that came from my search of Codebreaker. I would like to tell you guys the easiest way to cheat on the PCSX2. This is the way that I figured out how to do it about 2 hours ago. 

Buy yourself a copy of Action Replay or Codebreaker. I have a physical copy of Codebreaker v. 10. I  put in the disc like most of you have done only to realize that the disc wouldn't load. I thought to myself, What if I create an .iso and load the file. The file loaded the Pelican logo and the main menu. I added codes for Yakuza as it couldn't read the codes from my physical memory card. Once I did that I chose the codes that I wanted to use and hit "start". I was brought back to the Codebreaker's main menu. I clicked on the disc icon and when the message 'Please insert Game, then Press X to continue' I STOPPED and THIS IS WHAT I DID.

I went to System in the upper left corner and clicked on it. I went to  'Change Disc' and then choose either 'From File' if you want to load an .iso or go to 'From Device' If you want to load a game from a disc. Make your choice FIRST BEFORE YOU HIT THE X BUTTON. If you have chosen From File go to the place on your computer where the .iso/(.bin if you want to load a CD base game) is that you want to load and double click on it. Once you do that you will see in the upper left hand corner a message that says disc change to the 'name of the file'. If you have chosen to load a game on a disc a message will tell you the drive letter of you Disc drive. Now go ahead and press X and the PCSX2 will now load your game and you can now enjoy your games with cheats without having to fumble around with the Pnach BS.

I hope that this helps a lot of people. I am sure that I am not the first one that have thought of this but I didn't see this mentioned in any of the threads that I looked at. Have a Great Holiday everyone.

(12-13-2023, 03:15 AM)Pl4ystation Rox Wrote: After reading this I too need to go back to playing a game or watching a movie. I  could barely make out what you were trying to say. I am just glad that at least 100 people have read my post which means that I have helped hopefully  a quarter of them. No one has posted saying that it doesn't work or that they are having problems getting it to work. You can save codes straight to the virtual memory card as well. Well thanks to everyone that has read my post. I hope that i have helped at least one person cheat on the PCSX 2. Have a great Holiday everyone

Yea sorry for the long post, i guess explaining how it used to work wasnt needed lol.

I tried again after reading your post and found my nightly version which is always the latest build for some reason will not work using my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc still.

It will load the disc up, change disc to a game from my game list, it will detect it and when I select cheats and boot game it just goes to a black screen.

I also tried to boot ISO versions of Action Replay Max and CodeBreaker and the no matter how many versions I used, none worked.

Some would take you to the Red Squared screen saying insert a PS2 Format Disc and some versions of CodeBreaker would try to boot but one version would give an Out of Memory Error (related to CodeBreaker, not the actual Emulator), I also tried PAL/NTSC modified versions of CodeBreaker and they didnt work either.

I have no idea how to actually get Cheat Products to work, I do prefer the simplicity of just booting up your Cheat Device vs the Emulators PNACH system.

I just find PNACH format requires more manual work in having to create the PNACH file itself, it  is handy now that the emulator has a toggle on/off system, but that is only useful before booting up your game because sometimes when you bring up the emulators Pause Menu where you can go into Game Settings where you can access the Cheats Section while playing your game, here you can turn your cheats on/off while playing your game.

But sometimes the emulator wont let you access your Game Settings, I have noticed (not sure if related) that when you cant access your Game Settings that there is a section on the bottom right of the emulators Pause Menu that displays information of the game you are playing.

When it doesnt show the game art ect, that (to me) seems to be when it cant open the Game Settings, but when you do see the game art ect, then it will allow me to access the Game Settings then toggle my cheats on/off.

I am still trying to figure a way so I can boot a Cheat Device and use it as you would if playing on the actual PS2 Console because its going to take ages having to manually create PNACH files for each game I want to emulate.

It would be cool if the emulator had some form of online cheat code database, like other emulators (lets say GameCube Dolphin or N64 Emulators) when you head to the emulators Cheat Settings, it already has cheats available that you can toggle on/off or a download feature to check if it has any cheats, even an option to add your own cheats.

This would be a great feature if the emulator could have, where it could have some form of an online database that would automatically download a cheat database, or a GUI section where you could copy/paste your cheat codes and converts them and creates a cheat database for you.

I even tried to load up Cheat Device app that has its own master cheat database for both PAL/NTSC PS2 games, but when it loads the app, it displays no cheats even if you have the master cheat database in the correct directory.

So I am stuck still, I cant get any Cheat Device or App to work with PCSX2, my only option to use cheats is by having to manually create PNACH files per game and hope that the codes work because there are some games where PNACH cheats will not work, yet when I was able to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc I had no issues at all when cheating, every cheat/game that I would use would work, even those that wouldn't work as PNACH.
(12-13-2023, 02:23 PM)Retroboy Wrote: Yea sorry for the long post, i guess explaining how it used to work wasnt needed lol.

I tried again after reading your post and found my nightly version which is always the latest build for some reason will not work using my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc still.

It will load the disc up, change disc to a game from my game list, it will detect it and when I select cheats and boot game it just goes to a black screen.

I also tried to boot ISO versions of Action Replay Max and CodeBreaker and the no matter how many versions I used, none worked.

Some would take you to the Red Squared screen saying insert a PS2 Format Disc and some versions of CodeBreaker would try to boot but one version would give an Out of Memory Error (related to CodeBreaker, not the actual Emulator), I also tried PAL/NTSC modified versions of CodeBreaker and they didnt work either.

I have no idea how to actually get Cheat Products to work, I do prefer the simplicity of just booting up your Cheat Device vs the Emulators PNACH system.

I just find PNACH format requires more manual work in having to create the PNACH file itself, it  is handy now that the emulator has a toggle on/off system, but that is only useful before booting up your game because sometimes when you bring up the emulators Pause Menu where you can go into Game Settings where you can access the Cheats Section while playing your game, here you can turn your cheats on/off while playing your game.

But sometimes the emulator wont let you access your Game Settings, I have noticed (not sure if related) that when you cant access your Game Settings that there is a section on the bottom right of the emulators Pause Menu that displays information of the game you are playing.

When it doesnt show the game art ect, that (to me) seems to be when it cant open the Game Settings, but when you do see the game art ect, then it will allow me to access the Game Settings then toggle my cheats on/off.

I am still trying to figure a way so I can boot a Cheat Device and use it as you would if playing on the actual PS2 Console because its going to take ages having to manually create PNACH files for each game I want to emulate.

It would be cool if the emulator had some form of online cheat code database, like other emulators (lets say GameCube Dolphin or N64 Emulators) when you head to the emulators Cheat Settings, it already has cheats available that you can toggle on/off or a download feature to check if it has any cheats, even an option to add your own cheats.

This would be a great feature if the emulator could have, where it could have some form of an online database that would automatically download a cheat database, or a GUI section where you could copy/paste your cheat codes and converts them and creates a cheat database for you.

I even tried to load up Cheat Device app that has its own master cheat database for both PAL/NTSC PS2 games, but when it loads the app, it displays no cheats even if you have the master cheat database in the correct directory.

So I am stuck still, I cant get any Cheat Device or App to work with PCSX2, my only option to use cheats is by having to manually create PNACH files per game and hope that the codes work because there are some games where PNACH cheats will not work, yet when I was able to use my Action Replay Max Cheat Disc I had no issues at all when cheating, every cheat/game that I would use would work, even those that wouldn't work as PNACH.
I really don't know what to tell you. I had forgotten how difficult the AR was. But as for the CB I have no idea on why your iso isn't working. You are talking about booting up the file only (no disc at all) because that is what I am talking about. When you open up the emulator go to system and click on start file and double click on the .iso file of codebreaker. I haven't tested the AR .iso. I just assumed that it would work the same. But I know for a fact that this works . I am using pcsx2-v1.7.5246-windows-x64-Qt version.  I am currently playing Final Fight Streetwise.iso after booting the .iso (no disc just file) of codebreaker version 10. Picked the codes that I want hover over the disc icon after pressing start to get back to the main menu hit 'X' once for the message to pop up than went to System---->Change Disc---->From File---->and double clicked on the .iso of the game that I want to play. Then I hit the X button again on the controller and the codebreaker seamlessly goes straight into the game. I'm going through all my ps2 games now that I have access to an emulator. i can use cheat engine and create codes for games that codebreaker doesn't have codes for. I wish that I could help you more. I really don't understand why you can't get your codebreaker .iso to work. Mine loads right up. I used ISO Image to create the image from my CB disc. I hope you can get it to work. Have a great Holiday.