Edit Game Name
Hi,

Is it possible to edit a game name in the game list to change its location within the list.

I pretty much want all games to list in order, but for some reason my games are being picky for example The Getaway is fine, it is listing as with games beginning with G and pulls its name as Getaway, The (though when I ripped my disc I called it The Getaway).

But when it comes to The Getaway Black Monday, it seems to be listing it first in my list, before games that start with numbers, rather than next to The Getaway.

I get filing systems tend to put XXX first then ,The. It seems to be doing it ok for other games in my list, GAME NAME, THE. But The Getaway and The Getaway Black Monday aren't next to each other.

So is there any means to edit The Getaway Black Monday so it is next to The Getaway.

Thanks

Sponsored links

Yeah, look in the resources folder in your PCSX2 folder for a file called gameindex.yaml. Open this file with notepad, press Ctrl + F and search for your game and rename it whatever you wish. Keep in mind your games region and ID(SLUS/SCUS/SLPM, etc) so you can make sure you're changing the correct one. Also, It's probably a good idea to back up this file before changing it.

Edit: You may have to rescan your game list after doing this if the names don't update.( Settings-->Game List--> Rescan All Games )
(06-09-2022, 10:26 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Yeah, look in the resources folder in your PCSX2 folder for a file called gameindex.yaml. Open this file with notepad, press Ctrl + F and search for your game and rename it whatever you wish. Keep in mind your games region and ID(SLUS/SCUS/SLPM, etc) so you can make sure you're changing the correct one. Also, It's probably a good idea to back up this file before changing it.

Edit: You may have to rescan your game list after doing this if the names don't update.( Settings-->Game List--> Rescan All Games )

Thanks, will give it a try.
(06-09-2022, 10:26 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Yeah, look in the resources folder in your PCSX2 folder for a file called gameindex.yaml. Open this file with notepad, press Ctrl + F and search for your game and rename it whatever you wish. Keep in mind your games region and ID(SLUS/SCUS/SLPM, etc) so you can make sure you're changing the correct one. Also, It's probably a good idea to back up this file before changing it.

Edit: You may have to rescan your game list after doing this if the names don't update.( Settings-->Game List--> Rescan All Ga
i have the same game with modifications and they are appearing with the same name and the same cover
(07-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Ninja212906 Wrote: i have the same game with modifications and they are appearing with the same name and the same cover

No Idea if you still need help, but I had this exact problem as well. I'm using Nightly, not the stable build, so not sure if it's the same on that build, but I assume so. If you have two games that have identical Serial numbers (Check the two game's properties by right clicking on your game, hit properties, and just below title is the path.), change cover name to Iso title. 

The Iso title is shown in PATH on a game's properties, it's NOT the changeable title listed when looking at your games in emulator. So Check Path Name, highlight the iso file name, copy it. Go into your covers folder, and rename the image you want to the title you copied. Then Exit the emulator and go back in, and your games should have seperate covers. 

For example (Steps are numbered.): 1. Right click on game, and select properties option. 
2. In the first tab, title should be the first thing you see, look at the game path just below that. 
3. Copy final part of game path. 

So for example with a modified and an original game (using a popular modification as example), if your two games paths are: D:\Games\Console Games\Playstation Games\Ps2\Installed\Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA).iso, and D:\Games\Console Games\Playstation Games\Ps2\Installed\Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA) Undub.iso; 
In order to change cover for the Undub, in the path, you copy Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA) Undub, go into your game covers folder, find the image you want for your game (You have to download two different ones, the automatic downloader in the emulator won't work for this, I don't think.) and rename that image to Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES (USA) Undub.jpg 

The file extension you need is whatever image extension you used, so jpg is my example. If you copy the .iso part, just delete the .iso part when renaming the image so that the name remains but the extension isn't there anymore, and save the name, or you might accidentally change it to something unusable.

You can't directly copy the path, but you just have to highlight the part you want and hit the keyboard shortcut for copying stuff. 

If you didn't need this any more, I apologize for the long explanation, but hopefully it helps somebody else?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go